Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Is it true $3,000 tax credit per child as well? That’s wild if true

Yeah. $3600 if the kid is under 6. Supposedly it will cut child poverty in the US in half.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, bigbadbuff said:

I’m irritated that i can’t get the Vaccine.

I’m with you there. My state has deemed me eligible, but won’t send vaccines to any county near me so even though I’m at risk, I’m stuck.

Just now, ET80 said:

Wifey and I file jointly, so we're getting that uptick...

I won't marry her... At least no time soon lol. I have no interest in marriage. I think we've been together like 6 or 7 years or whatever. Usually I claim little man because the bump is bigger, but there's an added benefit to her student loans or something, so I just told her to start claiming him

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I won't marry her... At least no time soon lol. I have no interest in marriage. I think we've been together like 6 or 7 years or whatever.

Whatever works for you, works for you. I've always been the marrying type, knew that was in the cards; Even before I met wifey, I was engaged to another woman (that fell apart, which was a blessing...)

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Usually I claim little man because the bump is bigger, but there's an added benefit to her student loans or something, so I just told her to start claiming him

Probably the best way to manage it, IMO.

• Like 2

@ET80 @Forge it's weird to think about. With 1 kid 6+ and the other 2 under 6, that means $7,000 this month for our family, with an added $850 per month benefit July-December, which is an added $5,100 for us, as well as getting the other $5,100 next February/March when we file our taxes. 

If the levy passes in May, this absolutely miserable pandemic and last 12+ months will have meant that financially, I'll never have been in a better spot, and we were excited about where we were before all of this. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the last 12 months of my life back, but the silver lining for us is at least encouraging. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pwny said:

I’m with you there. My state has deemed me eligible, but won’t send vaccines to any county near me so even though I’m at risk, I’m stuck.

Sorry about that. Is your state just having logistical problems like everyone else?

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@ET80 @Forge it's weird to think about. With 1 kid 6+ and the other 2 under 6, that means $7,000 this month for our family, with an added $850 per month benefit July-December, which is an added $5,100 for us, as well as getting the other $5,100 next February/March when we file our taxes. 

If the levy passes in May, this absolutely miserable pandemic and last 12+ months will have meant that financially, I'll never have been in a better spot, and we were excited about where we were before all of this. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the last 12 months of my life back, but the silver lining for us is at least encouraging. 

And that’s how it should be IMO. My hope that the same thing can happen to more and more people.

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'd like to see the math on that

This is what I could find.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/03/04/new-3000-dollar-child-tax-credit-would-help-10-million-kids-in-poverty.html

The Covid-19 relief package would increase the current child tax credit amount by $1,000 ($1,600 for those with children under 6) and allow taxpayers to receive the full amount as a refund for 2021. Currently, only about $1,400 of the child tax credit is refundable. 

With those changes in place, approximately 4.1 million children under 18 would be directly affected and lifted out of poverty and another 5.75 million children would move closer to the poverty line, according to calculations from the CBPP. The expansion of the credit would essentially cut the child poverty rate in half in the U.S. 

Overall, about 27 million children, whether they're currently living in poverty or not, would benefit in some way from making the credit fully refundable.