Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

12 hours ago, Xenos said:

Moderates wanted the money to be more targeted to those of lower income, and since you need exactly all Democrat Senators to agree in order for the Bill to pass, that was the concession. It was a silly move since most of the “income level” is based on your 2019 tax returns, which is obviously going to be different than the reality of 2020.

Lol that's where they draw the line? Is any of the money saved going to the lower income level Americans?

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It is NOT. It is one guy with allegations that are unproven. Both things disqualify it from being relevant. 1. He is one person and if only one person has a bad reaction and no one else does than how much is it just that guy? It is NOT evidence of anything because it is one god damn person. 2. HE HAS NO PROOF. He is spouting off and the article is tabloid level fair giving on this dude's story and not even looking for proof or the other side of things. Its a piece meant to stir up fear and its disappointing you posted it. 

Studies often start with a single data point:

https://www.telegraf.rs/english/3309239-3-people-in-serbia-other-than-sladjan-received-2-different-coronavirus-vaccines

Just now, MWil23 said:

I think that it's admirable :) 

I don't even think I've mentioned that the guy got a Pfizer dose, and then the second vaccine was a dose from a Chinese vaccine which will never be approved in, marketed to, or distributed in the US.

So yeah guys, if you're worried that when you go to the hospital your doctor might slip you an illegal, pirated Chinese vaccine like a subtitled DVD back in the day, that's the article for you.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't even think I've mentioned that the guy got a Pfizer dose, and then the second vaccine was a dose from a Chinese vaccine which will never be approved in, marketed to, or distributed in the US.

Let's go to the film:

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Need I remind you, if you got the first Pfizer dose, it is technically possible that you could get another dose for that second "boost" that's not FDA or CDC approved. That's the current situation of pharmaceuticals in this country, and it's beautiful. 

...that's a pretty bad look my man

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So yeah guys, if you're worried that when you go to the hospital your doctor might slip you an illegal, pirated Chinese vaccine like a subtitled DVD back in the day, that's the article for you.

You're literally encouraging approximately 1/2 of this country to read that article. I hope you know that's your fault.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Let's go to the film:

...that's a pretty bad look my man

You're literally encouraging approximately 1/2 of this country to read that article. I hope you know that's your fault.

Man that middle post really is missing a "yet" somewhere between "not" and "approved". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Lol that's where they draw the line? Is any of the money saved going to the lower income level Americans?

Oh there’s going to be more attempts at line crossing. I, on the other hand, an in the camp that more is better given recent history.

Welp. I did it. After waiting for more data to come out regarding transmission, waiting for the rates to drop in my community, and talking it over with my wife- I went out and sat at an indoor bar for the first time in over a year. All by my lonesome self.

The bar was actually pretty packed. There was maybe 3 ft between me and the people next to me. Ill probably go to a more low key bar next time. I stopped at a bar before that one that was only taking reservations for seats at the bar. The bar area looked safer than the one I went to. That's more up my alley right now.

That being said, as I was sitting at the bar ordering food I glanced across the bar, and who do I see? A man that strongly resembled our community health director who has been guiding our community through the pandemic. I texted my wife his picture, and she thought it may be him, too. I almost sent a drink over to him, but my wife said that would be lame + I wasnt 100% sure that was him. My suspicions were confirmed once he left. Everyone on that side of the bar said 'was that Dr Mendoza?!' The bartender said 'yeah, he used to be a regular here before the pandemic. This was his first time back'.

I guess our health director has been following the same studies I have, and also waited a bit before more data on transmission came out. It made me feel a bit better about my decision. It's strange slowly dipping your feet back into the waters of the pre pandemic normal. Well, maybe I dipped my entire torso in those waters given how packed it was. I will play it a bit safer until more people around me are vaccinated. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

Still trying to wrap my head around why testing has dropped since January. Are people that are getting vaccinated no longer testing?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/coronavirus-tests-decline-daily-b5590ccb-e429-4683-af99-f22d46f5e7a4.html

By the numbers: A little over 1.5 million Americans received a COVID-19 test on March 4, according to data from the soon-to-close COVID-19 Tracking Project. 

• That represents a 26% decline from the peak of 2 million a day, and the average number of daily tests has fallen by more than 33% compared to January.

Be smart: The rise of vaccinations and a decline in new cases from the post-holiday peak have likely led many Americans to forego testing, but case numbers are still plateauing at more than 60,000 a day, even as some states have begun to end restrictions.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Still trying to wrap my head around why testing has dropped since January. Are people that are getting vaccinated no longer testing?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/coronavirus-tests-decline-daily-b5590ccb-e429-4683-af99-f22d46f5e7a4.html

I haven't read anything but if you're not feeling symptoms, why get tested? If no one is feeling sick, you're going to see a drop as a result.