Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

41 minutes ago, August4th said:

"I think you'll probably get enough buy-in from people who are dying to see a baseball game, particularly me," said Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "I'm living in Washington, we have the world champion Washington Nationals. I want to see them play again." 

100% agree with him.  Having fans in the stands would be one of the highest risk things outside of cruise ships, its not a good idea, people will be so pumped to have sports back they'll be able to handle a few more months of it being weird

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mission27 said:

"I think you'll probably get enough buy-in from people who are dying to see a baseball game, particularly me," said Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "I'm living in Washington, we have the world champion Washington Nationals. I want to see them play again." 

100% agree with him.  Having fans in the stands would be one of the highest risk things outside of cruise ships, its not a good idea, people will be so pumped to have sports back they'll be able to handle a few more months of it being weird

But sports are so unesential! /s

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

This is so stupid for them to do.  Can't they just create a separate category and let people draw their own conclusions?  100% confirmed and then possible with an asterisk.  Crap like this is what everyone should be mad about, zero data integrity with the reporting.  They call it a public health crisis but all parties are hiding things from /slow to update the public.  

They are reporting them separately.

covid-19-deaths-confirmed-probable-weekl

• Like 1

And it’s also not “possible”. It’s probable. As in all the evidence suggests that it was COVID-19 that killed the person, but they were incapable of performing a test.

And again, even removing all COVID-19 confirmed and probable cases, the death rate for non-COVID cases in NYC is ~50% higher than normal. That data won’t ever go into the CFR, but a significant portion of those are people who would not have died if hospitals weren’t overrun. Which is something a lot of us have discussed already as a secondary issue of this disease, but quite frankly doesn’t get discussed enough in the overall impact of what’s going on.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, pwny said:

And it’s also not “possible”. It’s probable. As in all the evidence suggests that it was COVID-19 that killed the person, but they were incapable of performing a test.

And again, even removing all COVID-19 confirmed and probable cases, the death rate for non-COVID cases in NYC is ~50% higher than normal. That data won’t ever go into the CFR, but a significant portion of those are people who would not have died if hospitals weren’t overrun. Which is something a lot of us have discussed already as a secondary issue of this disease, but quite frankly doesn’t get discussed enough in the overall impact of what’s going on.

I will be very curious to see what states do to up their capacity problems.  NYC must be kicking themselves for getting rid of so many hospitals over the years...not sure you can just quickly add beds. I know in NJ the Edison field hospital is not exactly sustainable unless you plan to shut down the convention center down until further notice.  Two of the local hospitals were were actually expanding and/or building new hospitals before this all hit...curious how that proceeds given the financial crunch many of them find themselves in now. 

Went out today to do some more stocking up for myself, my mother and grandmother.  Had to wear a mask as it was the first time for everyone being required to wear one.  The amount of people not wearing them correctly absolutely floors me.  Just about every other person in Giant or Sams had them down exposing at least their nose, if not their whole face, at one time or another.  

Also, my eye doctor might get Lasik out of me, because I could barely see through all of the condensation on my glasses.  If I've got to go back to work with a mask, I'm absolutely considering that.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The IRS launched this tool to track your check:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Someone mind @-ing the people who've been outspoken about lost their jobs or being furloughed? @JoshstraDaymus

Finally, I've been waiting to see that since I normally write checks to pay the taxes.  Come to find out, I was pretty darn close to not qualifying but I will be getting it soon.  Thanks for posting. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Finally, I've been waiting to see that since I normally write checks to pay the taxes.  Come to find out, I was pretty darn close to not qualifying but I will be getting it soon.  Thanks for posting. 

This is the weirdest thing I'll maybe ever type, but in terms of ease of interaction, the IRS >>>

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is the weirdest thing I'll maybe ever type, but in terms of ease of interaction, the IRS >>>

They do have some good, free tools on their website.  They're simple, but useful.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The IRS launched this tool to track your check:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Someone mind @-ing the people who've been outspoken about losing their jobs or being furloughed? @JoshstraDaymus

It was my part time work and my stimulus check came in this morning. Good timing because payday is tomorrow and the next day too as well as for my fiancée. We gon be aight 

• Like 2