Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/sp-500-etf-jumps-2percent-after-hours-on-report-gilead-drug-showing-effectiveness-treating-coronavirus.html

Gilead shares jumped by 14% in after-hours trading after STAT news reported that a Chicago hospital treating coronavirus patients with Remdesivir in a trial were recovering rapidly from severe symptoms. The publication cited a video it obtained where the trial results were discussed.

@ET80

tenor.gif?itemid=6141124

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Did they ever get all of the ventilators that they were looking for?

I have no idea. But it would make sense that they don't have the same need weeks later once they've had a slow down and unfortunately a tragic loss of lives 

Edited by LeotheLion

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Portland, OR... so one of the biggest foodie towns in america

I can see that being a problem. I just want the ability stop and get some food with a few drinks with a handful of people spread around the bar. I'll live though

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I can see that being a problem. I just want the ability stop and get some food with a few drinks with a handful of people spread around the bar. I'll live though

I don't think that should be a possibility given how irresponsible a vast group of people in this country are, especially when drunk. I get it, for sure and am not trying to demean your opinion but I don't trust people to go to bars responsibly as it is 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I have no idea. But it would make sense that they don't have the same need weeks later once they've had a slow down and unfortunately a tragic loss of lives 

I can't find any info on how many ventilators that they actually got but it seems like it wasn't more than a week or 2 ago that they were demanding more.

It's a good thing if they didn't need as many as they thought, I just bring it up because a certain someone didn't think that they'd need 30-40,000 and people here thought it was crazy to even question the governor.

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't think that should be a possibility given how irresponsible a vast group of people in this country are, especially when drunk. I get it, for sure and am not trying to demean your opinion but I don't trust people to go to bars responsibly as it is 

I'm just saying that that's how it usually is at the bars that I go to

33 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I see both sides tbh. I wouldn’t trust people either, though maybe bars/restaurants can be open with limited capacity that allows for greater distancing. Don’t know how feasible that’d be, but it’s an idea.  

Just now, TLO said:

I see both sides tbh. I wouldn’t trust people either, though maybe bars/restaurants can be open with limited capacity that allows for greater distancing. Don’t know how feasible that’d be, but it’s an idea.  

Nobu must be opened 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Knowing how my area is, with a huge business for drinking downtown, a 200 store shopping mall and plenty of other restaurants and drinking establishments further out, I definitely see it being an issue.  Really going to have to enforce social distancing and a cap on people being inside the building.