Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Free:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/

Might be free:

How many people are infected with the coronavirus? A major study will attempt to provide an answer.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is embarking on an expansive study of the prevalence of novel coronavirus antibodies in people in 25 metropolitan areas, an effort to provide long-awaited insight into the way the virus is spreading and its presence in communities.

The study, which plans to test 325,000 people by fall 2021, will build on an antibody study that has been underway in six of those cities since March, according to Michael Busch, who is overseeing the study and is director of the Vitalant Research Institute. CDC spokeswoman Kristen Nordlund confirmed plans to announce the study but declined to discuss details.

Starting in June, this vast new antibody study will test samples from 1,000 blood donors each month for 12 months in the 25 metro areas. Researchers will test the samples for evidence of coronavirus antibodies, which are created by the immune system when someone is infected with the virus.  Experts cautioned that because the planned nationwide study will rely on people who donate blood, it could limit the ability to provide a comprehensive picture of the virus’s spread.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/how-many-people-are-infected-with-the-coronavirus-a-major-study-will-attempt-to-provide-an-answer/2020/05/20/a1c867f4-9a2b-11ea-a282-386f56d579e6_story.html

Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Global Outbreak

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html

A New Entry in the Race for a Coronavirus Vaccine: Hope

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/health/coronavirus-vaccines.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200521&instance_id=18657&nl=the-morning&regi_id=127802529&segment_id=28666&te=1&user_id=0ec3b530f45ff5c070e34ae9b6fc8ea1

56 minutes ago, Glen said:

This is why I spit on poor people.

We are all selfish underneath. Why attempt this mascaraed of kindness? 

Breathing lightly out of your nose while mainting 6 ft of social distance has shown no proof of spreading it so the uproar here is silly tbh. 

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Breathing lightly out of your nose while mainting 6 ft of social distance has shown no proof of spreading it so the uproar here is silly tbh. 

This is such a ridiculous statement lol. Better walk really slowly in the store so you don't bring your heart rate up and have to breath a little heavier!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

This is such a ridiculous statement lol. Better walk really slowly in the store so you don't bring your heart rate up and have to breath a little heavier!

Often times that is what we are forced to do in order to remain 6 ft from our fellow shoppers. And I don't breath heavy from walking anyways. Maybe out of shape folks do though

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

You need to go back and read this guys posts before attempting to respond. He is either a master troll or has the worlds biggest ego/is clueless about how the world and things in it actually work. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:
12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Often times that is what we are forced to do in order to remain 6 ft from our fellow shoppers. And I don't breath heavy from walking anyways. Maybe out of shape folks do though

This is exactly the response I was expecting

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Unless you have your nose up at people wouldn't breathing it of your nose be better? Get that downward projectory of your exhale

And I'm only talking compared to breathing out of your mouth, not in comparison to wearing a mask

Just now, JBURGE said:

This is exactly the response I was expecting

I can only speculate. For me though, I don't breath heavy while I'm walking around a store. Especially now that I walk slower than normal to keep my social distance.

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

This is such a ridiculous statement lol

You guys are doing it all wrong.
You keep using intelligence, sound logic and the "greater good" in trying to convince. Those are all foreign languages to him
You need to lead with ignorance and self-centered righteousness, those are the languages he understands.

When in Rome, be a Roman... or maybe even a Moran 

moran.0.jpg

• Like 4