Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

8 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Another study indicating the common cold may cause some partial immunity to COVID-19. They seem to think that 40-60% of the population may have developed some type of immunity toward COVID. The study is peer reviewed and published in Cell, which gives it merit according to my a wife who's a scientist. 

It should be taken with a grain of salt atm since they only studied 20 people. That being said, this is something that should be followed closley.

That is definitely a study that is going to be picked up and increased as far as people involved go.  

6 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Churches are planning to open against the governments wishes.

Obviously there will be some changes 

I've gotten the list of things we are doing at my church, which are mandates from the Archdiocese of Washington.  I think some of the more organized groups will have a better handle on these things than churches that are out on their own just due to being able to get in touch directly with experts and have the ability to hire some of them on as advisors.  

They are actually pretty sound for the most part.  Still have to wear masks, six feet apart, mass recommended outside and all churches must have attendees tracked (even for daily mass) for contact tracing.  No alter services and a limit on liturgical ministers in other capacities.  No collection baskets passed- there is one basket at the entrance for everyone to put in before mass.  Not a huge fan of still allowing communion on the tongue but that is ingrained in church tradition.  The cup and holy water is still suspended.  No restrooms and only one cantor singing- no one singing from the congregation and no hymnals- you can follow the readings on your phone if needed. The archbishop is keeping the dispensation from mass in effect if people still do not feel comfortable attending in person.  

We will have one live stream mass in the morning put onto YouTube, and then we will have an outdoor mass at our pavilion.  Seats will be set six feet apart.  The picnic benches will line the exterior of the pavilion where families can sit.  Other families can bring folding chairs and sit in the field/parking lot.  Others can tune into the radio and be in their car.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've gotten the list of things we are doing at my church, which are mandates from the Archdiocese of Washington.  I think some of the more organized groups will have a better handle on these things than churches that are out on their own just due to being able to get in touch directly with experts and have the ability to hire some of them on as advisors.  

They are actually pretty sound for the most part.  Still have to wear masks, six feet apart, mass recommended outside and all churches must have attendees tracked (even for daily mass) for contact tracing.  No alter services and a limit on liturgical ministers in other capacities.  No collection baskets passed- there is one basket at the entrance for everyone to put in before mass.  Not a huge fan of still allowing communion on the tongue but that is ingrained in church tradition.  The cup and holy water is still suspended.  No restrooms and only one cantor singing- no one singing from the congregation and no hymnals- you can follow the readings on your phone if needed. The archbishop is keeping the dispensation from mass in effect if people still do not feel comfortable attending in person.  

We will have one live stream mass in the morning put onto YouTube, and then we will have an outdoor mass at our pavilion.  Seats will be set six feet apart.  The picnic benches will line the exterior of the pavilion where families can sit.  Other families can bring folding chairs and sit in the field/parking lot.  Others can tune into the radio and be in their car.  

Thats pretty similar to what they'll be doing in Minnesota too

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The way MD's governor talks about masks, it seems like they are here for the foreseeable future.  While I am not a fan of masks, I completely understand it at this point.  

I mean, not directed at you per se, but no one likes them.  They’re not comfortable or pleasant.  I had to wear them daily when I worked bedside and am all too familiar with the issues.

That said, we’re not wearing them for comfort or pleasure.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, not directed at you per se, but no one likes them.  They’re not comfortable or pleasant.  I had to wear them daily when I worked bedside and am all too familiar with the issues.

That said, we’re not wearing them for comfort or pleasure.

I agree with that.  I think people are expecting an end date to them, and I don't think we can give them one in any circumstance right now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The way MD's governor talks about masks, it seems like they are here for the foreseeable future.  While I am not a fan of masks, I completely understand it at this point.  

I don't necessarily believe the 20 somethings are to blame here, at least in broad strokes.  It seems like the older workforce, those closer to retirement, are the ones really pushing a lot of this.  

No, they are just the ones falling for the twitter bots

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/05/21/1002105/covid-bot-twitter-accounts-push-to-reopen-america/ 

^^^ that is a legit source, but just for those of you that wont trust a website you have never heard of, here is another one from a "credible" source: 

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/nearly-half-tweeting-coronavirus-bots-researchers

6 hours ago, N4L said:

No, they are just the ones falling for the twitter bots

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/05/21/1002105/covid-bot-twitter-accounts-push-to-reopen-america/ 

^^^ that is a legit source, but just for those of you that wont trust a website you have never heard of, here is another one from a "credible" source: 

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/nearly-half-tweeting-coronavirus-bots-researchers

The spreading bad medical advice really gets me.  I wish that there was a way for Twitter and other places to take care of those bots.  

For me, if I am looking at social media of my own and who is pushing for this, it's absolutely the older part of the workforce.