Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No, for the reason mistake said.

The common theme I’ve heard repeatedly is “they’re counting anyone who test positive with the virus as a covid death, even if it’s unrelated” and that’s just not true.  That would be widespread fraud coordinated amongst physicians and hospitals all over the county.  

It stems from a lack of knowledge imo.  As an example, when people have HIV (another virus) they usually die from other opportunistic infections, not the virus itself.  This isn’t dissimilar from Covid.  If you’re struggling to breath and have multiple health issues and in the process have a heart attack that kills you, the cause of death may be a heart attack, but it was brought on by the stress of the disease. That death is absolutely attributable to covid.

I've heard this argument before but not everyone that tests positive fit COVID has complications from it. 

If someone tests positive for Covid one day and has a heart attack the next day unrelated to COVID, are you sure that that wouldn't get marked as a covid related death?

26 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I've heard this argument before but not everyone that tests positive fit COVID has complications from it. 

If someone tests positive for Covid one day and has a heart attack the next day unrelated to COVID, are you sure that that wouldn't get marked as a covid related death?

Yeah if someone gets covid and then has a heart attack those are definitely related

A town near where I work (in law enforcement) had a murder earlier this month.  The victim was shot multiple times and obviously died as a result.  After the autopsy, the medical examiner ruled the cause of death as COVID19-related because he tested positive.  Not the multiple gun shot wounds.

I'm not saying this is the case everywhere, but it has happened.

• Like 1

People acting like Covid is some major catalyst are just funny.  If you die from a massive heart attack while having Covid-19, that probably accelerated your death by one year, maybe two.  If that.  It didn’t suddenly make your heart bad.  You had that issue before the virus.

480,000 people die in nursing homes every year with or without Covid-19.  Saying 27,000 die from February to May 11th isn’t all that shocking.  It fits the narrative of doom and gloom though, so post the hell out of it.

• Like 1

Just now, CBears019 said:

A town near where I work (in law enforcement) had a murder earlier this month.  The victim was shot multiple times and obviously died as a result.  After the autopsy, the medical examiner ruled the cause of death as COVID19-related because he tested positive.  Not the multiple gun shot wounds.

I'm not saying this is the case everywhere, but it has happened.

He wouldn’t have been shot if he didn’t have Covid-19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

!

Just now, mission27 said:

Does it really matter if deaths should really be 10% higher or lower?  How would that change our response / personal actions we take? 

Seems like kind of a dumb argument tbh.

That's mainly what I'm getting at.  There are two sides to this argument and they're both wrong.  There is 100% a LOT of non-covid deaths attributed to covid.  There is 100% a lot of covid deaths that aren't attributed to covid.  Arguing that it's worse is fearmongering.  Arguing that it's better is overly optimistic and naive.  It's just that the people trying to make this look like some world-ending catastrophe are a little less tolerable.  Anyone who takes a hardline stance on death totals has an agenda. 

• Like 1