Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I also agree that few places would turn down paying customers.  But if the corporation has a reopening plan and they are being cautious, like the company I work for, they are going to make sure that that these things are being followed.  

Right.  The big chains are going to tread lightly, small businesses may not have that luxury.  But its easy enough to post a sign, which is going to encourage most people to wear masks, a few people wont and probably wont get kicked out because its too much trouble but better some than none tbh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Where do you live again? 

Cincinnati area.

I've been in Boston, NYC, and suburbs the last two weeks and its like 95% here but we got hit pretty hard so maybe people are still more cautious.  I'm sure its a lot lower in some parts of the country.

We didn’t get hit hard as our governor was very proactive and now people dgaf.

EDIT: By 95% I mean 95% in stores and stuff, almost every store requires it.  People walking by themselves etc. are generally not wearing masks nor is there any reason for them to do so.

When I said 30%, I mean in stores, not just waking around.  One store had a mask requesting people wear a mask.  90% of store employees didn’t have masks covering their nose as I’m sure it wasn’t comfortable.

Im surrounded by ignorant morons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I meant churches wanting to reopen.  That was the case in at least California and Minnesota I believe, amongst others.  

I also agree that few places would turn down paying customers.  But if the corporation has a reopening plan and they are being cautious, like the company I work for, they are going to make sure that that these things are being followed.  

Minnesota churches were planning on opening and now it sounds like Walz will let them

Just now, mission27 said:

Right.  The big chains are going to tread lightly, small businesses may not have that luxury.  But its easy enough to post a sign, which is going to encourage most people to wear masks, a few people wont and probably wont get kicked out because its too much trouble but better some than none tbh

Exactly right.  We don't have a plan to reopen dining rooms until the end of June, if that early, because they want to be absolutely sure that bases are covered and every store has ample supply of disinfectants, and can set up everything for social distancing.  Small businesses are likely going to open way too early because they need it.  Although I've seen a couple where carryout and curbside are absolutely booming, and I hope with everything being invested, they keep up with those mediums.  Even with dining rooms and retail opening, many people are still going to want the mobile, online options to take food home. 

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I meant churches wanting to reopen.  That was the case in at least California and Minnesota I believe, amongst others.  

Having a plan is great, but telling a customer to follow the rules or leave is another thing entirely.

I don’t believe many places will do that.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cincinnati area.

When I said 30%, I mean in stores, not just waking around.  One store had a mask requesting people wear a mask.  90% of store employees didn’t have masks covering their nose as I’m sure it wasn’t comfortable.

Well Cincinnati is a lovely town but I've heard the main bridge into the city is known to be structurally unsound and likely to collapse in the next 5-10 years and nobody really cares to fix it, so none of this is particularly surprising to me tbh 

The cheeseburger at the Netherlands Plaza Hilton bar is phenomenal though, I love that hotel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cincinnati area.

DeWine rolled back the mandated mask order because he said it was essentially out of his control correct?  All he did was say it was strongly recommended.  

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Well Cincinnati is a lovely town but I've heard the main bridge into the city is known to be structurally unsound and likely to collapse in the next 5-10 years and nobody really cares to fix it, so none of this is particularly surprising to me tbh 

well it’s not a problem unique to Cincinnati.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/more-one-third-u-s-bridges-are-disrepair-infrastructure-group-n1183316

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The cheeseburger at the Netherlands Plaza Hilton bar is phenomenal though, I love that hotel

The Bar at Palm Court?  Yeah it’s good.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

DeWine rolled back the mandated mask order because he said it was essentially out of his control correct?  All he did was say it was strongly recommended.  

Eh, people got a lot of butt frustration, especially “his base“ and he caves.

”Yer tramplin muh rights” and that type of nonsense.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I went to 3 different stores today and maybe 30% of people had masks.  Of that 30%, probably 75% had their nose and/or mouth hanging out like an idiot.

Crazy to me to hear those figures. There isn’t a store in NJ that you can go in without masks. My butcher shop the workers get a little loose with constantly pulling their masks down but there is a lot of communication going on and it’s fairly loud to begin with Grinders and stuff always running. Now people wearing masks correctly...completely different story. 

There is currently a big push called MaskUpNJ I think, the basic idea is recommending masks worn in parks, trails, beaches. Went to my local county trails with the dog this morning, had a mask in my back pocket but didn’t wear it and I was 100% the minority. Not sure if it’s selfish or not but I don’t plan on wearing a mask in a outdoor space like that, I really don’t understand the need there, there isn’t going to be a situation where two people would ever be forced to be in close contact especially when they’ve reduced parking by 50%. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Went to my local county trails with the dog this morning, had a mask in my back pocket but didn’t wear it and I was 100% the minority. Not sure if it’s selfish or not but I don’t plan on wearing a mask in a outdoor space like that, I really don’t understand the need there, there isn’t going to be a situation where two people would ever be forced to be in close contact especially when they’ve reduced parking by 50%. 

Not selfish.  If you are outside and distancing and have a mask in your pocket just in case, you're doing nothing wrong.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Crazy to me to hear those figures. There isn’t a store in NJ that you can go in without masks. My butcher shop the workers get a little loose with constantly pulling their masks down but there is a lot of communication going on and it’s fairly loud to begin with Grinders and stuff always running. Now people wearing masks correctly...completely different story. 

There is currently a big push called MaskUpNJ I think, the basic idea is recommending masks worn in parks, trails, beaches. Went to my local county trails with the dog this morning, had a mask in my back pocket but didn’t wear it and I was 100% the minority. Not sure if it’s selfish or not but I don’t plan on wearing a mask in a outdoor space like that, I really don’t understand the need there, there isn’t going to be a situation where two people would ever be forced to be in close contact especially when they’ve reduced parking by 50%. 

Nothing wrong with that.  I always have an extra mask in my car.  I also am cognizant in my community of neighbors walking by.  

In Ohio, DeWine was one of the governors leading the charge to close things up.  But he broke a few weeks ago and he pulled back the mask mandate, saying government had overstepped.  As @LETSGOBROWNIES put, and I will believe him as he lives in the state, he caved to his base.  

They are still mandatory in Maryland, and every store has signs about them if someone happens to be under a rock.  

• Like 2