Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

How in gods name is a disease that attacks the cardiovascular system not related to a heart attack

If a someone smokes 1 cigarette then dies from a smoking related illness are they considered to have died from smoking?

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

Dr. Birx is an internationally recognized expert on epidemiology and public health so yes, her opinion is equally valid and CDC's horribly botched response in January and February is largely responsible for the situation we are in

Saying she isn't credible because she criticizes CDC is dumb

I wasn’t speaking about her specifically.

34 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Does it really matter if deaths should really be 10% higher or lower?  How would that change our response / personal actions we take? 

Seems like kind of a dumb argument tbh.

I was mostly just curious to see if people would listen to an expert that we are supposed to be listening to 

It's interesting how hard of a stance some people take against the possibility of the death toll being inflated

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I've heard this argument before but not everyone that tests positive fit COVID has complications from it. 

If someone tests positive for Covid one day and has a heart attack the next day unrelated to COVID, are you sure that that wouldn't get marked as a covid related death?

I mean, maybe man.  Or maybe a virus that specifically impacts people with respiratory and cardiac issues may be partially to blame.  I just provided some info, feel free to make up your own mind.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

A town near where I work (in law enforcement) had a murder earlier this month.  The victim was shot multiple times and obviously died as a result.  After the autopsy, the medical examiner ruled the cause of death as COVID19-related because he tested positive.  Not the multiple gun shot wounds.

I'm not saying this is the case everywhere, but it has happened.

I’ve heard of a number of stories like this, but never anything verified. Admittedly I haven’t being looking, but it’s never been presented to me.

It just seems somewhat questionable as it’s fraud on the part of the facility treating him or ME and potentially a hipaa violation depending on how the info got out.  And according to some this is happening all the time all over the country and everyone knows it’s happening but nothing is being done about it.  

Doesn’t pass the sniff test to me.

• Like 1

A bit late to the "why wear a mask" party but... This sort of sums it up to me.

If you're really that up in arms about wearing a mask in public, why stop there? Why wear pants? Just take 'em off, walk in all Winnie the Pooh style.

Show some commitment, people.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

A bit late to the "why wear a mask" party but... This sort of sums it up to me.

If you're really that up in arms about wearing a mask in public, why stop there? Why wear pants? Just take 'em off, walk in all Winnie the Pooh style.

Show some commitment, people.

Why follow any rules/laws?

Drive on whatever side of the road you want too.  If people die, so what?  If they’re too afraid of people driving on the wrong side of the road, they can stay at home and cower from the rest of us who aren’t afraid and are going to live our life.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just provided some info, feel free to make up your own mind.

On this note...

Don't just "make up your mind", because your mind is woefully unprepared to make the right decision on its own. Lean on those who have dedicated a lifetime to understand this sort of thing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re just being willfully obtuse at this point.

So as soon as the person is infected with the virus starts wreaking havic on the body? Unless it doesn't and they show no symptom?

Is it possible for it to be a coincidence?

Just now, ET80 said:

On this note...

Don't just "make up your mind", because your mind is woefully unprepared to make the right decision on its own. Lean on those who have dedicated a lifetime to understand this sort of thing.

Yeah, there are opinions and there are educated opinions.  

They don’t carry the same weight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

A town near where I work (in law enforcement) had a murder earlier this month.  The victim was shot multiple times and obviously died as a result.  After the autopsy, the medical examiner ruled the cause of death as COVID19-related because he tested positive.  Not the multiple gun shot wounds.

I'm not saying this is the case everywhere, but it has happened.

lol, i don't believe this