Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, last summer actually.

Kid fell off a cliff and was dying as we approached him on the trail.  Good times.  😬 

WOW. Old Man's cave????

Did he legitimately die/were you able to do anything? That's awful.

Pretty place though.  

I'm weighing whether or not to try to hike while I'm there. I find that I always love the idea of hiking in July more than actually hiking in July. I feel like "hiking in October" is ideal.

This place has decent BBQ if that’s your thing.

https://www.millstonebbq.com

THANK YOU! I just showed this to my wife, who said "Uhm, yeah, I'm pretty sure BBQ is our thing".

She asked if you had any other restaurant recommendations while we're down there, otherwise, I'm bringing some steaks to cook up and then 1 other meal item to go with about a bunch of snack foods and brunch foods.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

WOW. Old Man's cave????

yeah.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Did he legitimately die/were you able to do anything? That's awful.

Nothing to be done.  They had some park employees with him, wrapped him in a mylar blanket and we’re waiting on life flight, but he was toast.  

Took them 45 min to get him out of the park at least.  Can’t believe he survived that long.

I’ll spare the details but stunned me and I worked 5 years in a burn unit so...

Awful situation, kid was like 22 iirc.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I'm weighing whether or not to try to hike while I'm there. I find that I always love the idea of hiking in July more than actually hiking in July. I feel like "hiking in October" is ideal.

YES!  But it’s not bad if you can get there early.  It’s mostly shaded too, which makes it tolerable.

Just now, MWil23 said:

THANK YOU! I just showed this to my wife, who said "Uhm, yeah, I'm pretty sure BBQ is our thing".

She asked if you had any other restaurant recommendations while we're down there, otherwise, I'm bringing some steaks to cook up and then 1 other meal item to go with about a bunch of snack foods and brunch foods.

We just went for the one night and ate there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah.

Beautiful hike, done it multiple times, but I could see how so many people don't realize how steep/sheer that rock wall is.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nothing to be done.  They had some park employees with him, wrapped him in a mylar blanket and we’re waiting on life flight, but he was toast.  

Took them 45 min to get him out of the park at least.  Can’t believe he survived that long.

I’ll spare the details but stunned me and I worked 5 years in a burn unit so...

Awful situation, kid was like 22 iirc.

Ugh, that's absolutely awful man, I'm sorry to hear it. "Invincible" 22 year olds. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Beautiful hike, done it multiple times, but I could see how so many people don't realize how steep/sheer that rock wall is.

Ugh, that's absolutely awful man, I'm sorry to hear it. "Invincible" 22 year olds. 

Yeah it’s completely safe there, I’m guessing he was doing something less than brilliant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

YES!  But it’s not bad if you can get there early.  It’s mostly shaded too, which makes it tolerable.

The cabin we booked backs up to Old Man's cave, so I'm sure at some point we'll hike it/around it after we drink our morning cups of coffee. When we're done hiking, I'm sure we'll both have a pretty insatiable appetite, so I'm sure we'll get that squared away afterwards...maybe I'll make some brunch too.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We just went for the one night and ate there. 

Good to know, thanks! I'm looking at the menu now. I'm living vicariously through future me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Hocking Hills. I’m assuming you have been there? Southeast Ohio can be pretty.

SE Ohio is awesome for that scene. I absolutely love going down there. Bro in law used to go to UVA and that trip was always great to take b/c you would go through there and WV which is awesome scenery. We got about 15 people and got a cabin in Hocking a few years ago and did the Old Man's Cave walk finished w/ some fresh maple syrup they tapped from the trees. It was unlike anything I've ever tasted..... even maple syrup! lol

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

Coming into a thread at page 494 be like:

tenor.gif

Turn back now

its been 494 pages of trash