Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

The protocols in place aren't enough. There's no good reason schools should be putting the staff, or students, at risk. Kids being bored, or parents not wanting to deal with their kids, shouldn't be enough to send people back in.

Wholeheartedly agree! I guess that’s my entire point. What exactly do people think will happen here? We are going to put 1800 kids into close contact with each other daily starting in a week...how do people see this ending? It’s asinine.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Wholeheartedly agree! I guess that’s my entire point. What exactly do people think will happen here? We are going to put 1800 kids into close contact with each other daily starting in a week...how do people see this ending? It’s asinine.

Maybe they should get that sheriff to outlaw masks in schools too.  I bet that would help.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I thought you were in one of the metro areas where they went all online?

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

I thought you were in one of the metro areas where they went all online?

Nope. We gave them the option of face to face or online. 2,000 out of 8,600 chose online.

6 classes of 24 students incoming a week from Monday.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Nope. We gave them the option of face to face or online. 2,000 out of 8,600 chose online.

6 classes of 24 students incoming a week from Monday.

Not unexpected when a lot of parents count on school for daycare/babysitting their kids the majority of the day.  I think earlier in this thread I guessed 30%.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not unexpected when a lot of parents count on school for daycare/babysitting their kids the majority of the day.  I think earlier in this thread I guessed 30%.

I agree, but I also teach in a relatively affluent district. I’m not surprised by the numbers, I’m surprised the district says “Yeah, 144 kids per day per teacher is a sustainable COVID model.”

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I agree, but I also teach in a relatively affluent district. I’m not surprised by the numbers, I’m surprised the district says “Yeah, 144 kids per day per teacher is a sustainable COVID model.”

Y’all must have some large classrooms to distance properly with 25 people.

I’m still telling myself whiskey and cigarettes will protect me.

Except now it’s tequila and cigarettes because it was cheaper than whiskey.

And also I’m going back to beer soon, so soon beer will protect me.

Edited by Outpost31

My wife and I both just had our test results come back negative. Good news! HR is still going to make me quarantine 11 more days even with a negative test on the PCR. I understand why we have these protocols, but it’s going to breed a societal state of dishonesty in schools. Athletes/kids and even some of our staff won’t tell people about secondary exposure.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m still telling myself whiskey and cigarettes will protect me.

Except now it’s tequila and cigarettes because it was cheaper than whiskey.

And also I’m going back to beer soon, so soon beer will protect me.

Oh man , those Tequila hangovers are rough. I'd almost rather take my chances with COVID. Kidding, of course.

For me- it's beer and the natural stuff. Sam Adams seasonal beers are always good. Rohrbach Scotch Ale is the GOAT, but that's a local brew. I'm not sure if they're available outside of NY.

And to stay on topic- There are actually some studies linking Cannabis to a less severe infection. Of course I flaunted that study to my wife anytime she gave me crap about my 'natural intake'. She's a scientist, so it really grinds her gears, haha. 

• Like 1