Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

26 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

How exactly does one measure freedom anyways? 

I take 13 stripes, 50 stars and mix well. That's how I measure MY freedom.

And if you don't like that, you can git out...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The best way to get “universal” compliance is by making it seem like the only reasonable option.  If both sides had adopted a science based stance from the start, instead of creating divisiveness for the sake of politics, we’d be much better off.  

I mean, the US isn’t unique in having opposing parties.  Some things shouldn’t be a political opinion or stance, they should be common sense based on available data.  We just seem to fail to realize this at a lesser rate than other countries.

Yup, and they crapped that bed from the jump.  If these politicians can get the summers off they literally should have shut down/pushed back all politics/events/elections for 60-90 days and just worked on a solution as fellow humans.  One of the few times in a lot of our lives when all sides needed to just to come together and they botched it so bad.  I wish I could be that bad at my job and stay employed, would be AWESOME. 

Yea I would imagine US is like most places, but having not experienced it, I would question are those similar places with opposing parties/views also full of such hate and disdain.  Public health is not political, never should be, but like you said, the policy makers still haven't gotten that memo. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The best way to get “universal” compliance is by making it seem like the only reasonable option.  If both sides had adopted a science based stance from the start, instead of creating divisiveness for the sake of politics, we’d be much better off.  

I mean, the US isn’t unique in having opposing parties.  Some things shouldn’t be a political opinion or stance, they should be common sense based on available data.  We just seem to fail to realize this at a lesser rate than other countries.

We’re one of the few countries that still is battling whether the virus is real or not. As opposed to how to deal with it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Poor Vietnam; 

New Zealand gets all the publicity and celebration, while Vietnam (with 19x the population, shares a border with China) had less cases/deaths than NZ.

The hobbits PR department has some serious international pull.

When Vietnam comes out with an amazing epic like LOTR, then they can get some serious international pull 😂

I just got a call from my Athletic Director. He talked to my head principal and HR, and it was reported to the County Health Department. I'm in mandatory quarantine for 14 days even if my test results come back negative.

Remind me again how face to face school is even remotely possible with these protocols and mandates? This is completely untenable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I just got a call from my Athletic Director. He talked to my head principal and HR, and it was reported to the County Health Department. I'm in mandatory quarantine for 14 days even if my test results come back negative.

Remind me again how face to face school is even remotely possible with these protocols and mandates? This is completely untenable.

We’re going back to school with a hybrid model but the school board won’t let us play sports. Explain that one to me.