Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

What about hanging it on the hook in the backseat?

26 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Yeah. That priority lab only accepts deep nasal. It wasn’t comfortable but not painful. Watered the eyes though. 

Covid-19 ****ed us everywhere else, makes sense it would go for the nose next.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Covid-19 ****ed us everywhere else, makes sense it would go for the nose next.

Considering my smell still isn't back to 100% 19 days after onset of symptoms I can say for sure that it definitely already effects the nose anyway.

No other symptoms remain for anyone wondering, just haven't fully recovered smell and taste yet... Getting there... Taste is oddly returning faster than smell which makes no sense to me but still not 100% I'd say taste is at maybe 80% and smell maybe 60%.

• Like 4

On 8/13/2020 at 5:24 AM, WizeGuy said:

Oh man , those Tequila hangovers are rough. I'd almost rather take my chances with COVID. Kidding, of course.

For me- it's beer and the natural stuff. Sam Adams seasonal beers are always good. Rohrbach Scotch Ale is the GOAT, but that's a local brew. I'm not sure if they're available outside of NY.

And to stay on topic- There are actually some studies linking Cannabis to a less severe infection. Of course I flaunted that study to my wife anytime she gave me crap about my 'natural intake'. She's a scientist, so it really grinds her gears, haha. 

Tequila hangovers aren't bad actually, if you are drinking good tequila. 

There has been a shift in consumer habits with regards to tequila. 100% agave tequila used to be waaay less common. Anything less than that they add sugar to ferment, which is where the bad hangovers come from

Nowadays you are less likely to find tequila that isn't 100% agave than you are to find some that is 

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Considering my smell still isn't back to 100% 19 days after onset of symptoms I can say for sure that it definitely already effects the nose anyway.

No other symptoms remain for anyone wondering, just haven't fully recovered smell and taste yet... Getting there... Taste is oddly returning faster than smell which makes no sense to me but still not 100% I'd say taste is at maybe 80% and smell maybe 60%.

Glad youre feeling better

16 hours ago, Xenos said:

So nowhere near herd immunity? Or a bigger number than you thought?

Having see results elsewhere I'm not surprised - my area hasn't had a death in hospital since July 3 so we're doing okay.

Plus the UK just cut 5,000 deaths off our total because our government is incompetent and placed everyone with a positive test who died on the list - those 5,000 died of other causes, sometimes months after.

We are seeing an uptick in infections, but they come from community testing rather than hospital testing so we are picking up mostly mild cases now.

Free   article:

Implementing Filtering Facepiece Respirator (FFR) Reuse, Including Reuse after Decontamination, When There Are Known Shortages of N95 Respirators

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/decontamination-reuse-respirators.html

Not free:

U.S. will prepare coronavirus strain for potential human challenge trials

U.S. researchers will create a strain of the coronavirus that could be used in possible vaccine trials called human challenge experiments, Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in an interview Friday.

The United States isn’t committed to embarking on such ethically fraught trials but has begun the process to create a stock of coronavirus strain that could be used to infect people, in case such trials become necessary, Fauci said. He called it a “Plan C or Plan D,” a preliminary step being taken because creating a strain that meets exacting regulatory standards will take months. Large, 30,000-person trials that are testing the effectiveness of experimental vaccines are likely to yield results sooner and provide much-needed safety data.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/08/14/us-will-prepare-coronavirus-strain-potential-human-challenge-trials/

Supplemental:

https://1daysooner.org/

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The PCR deep nasal swab is absolutely miserable. 15 seconds confirms Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.

I just had to get retested a couple days ago cause my employer wants a negative for me to return to work, I hate that test... Wasn't as bad the second time just a little uncomfortable but the first time it felt like the lady was touching my brain with that damn thing.

5 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I just had to get retested a couple days ago cause my employer wants a negative for me to return to work, I hate that test... Wasn't as bad the second time just a little uncomfortable but the first time it felt like the lady was touching my brain with that damn thing.

It left my right eye swollen 😂