Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

18 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

In Minnesota 70-80% of the people that have died were in long term care facilities.  I don't know what it's like every where else but that seems to be where the problem is.  To bad they couldn't slow the spread a little more there and it probably didn't help putting people out of the hospital right back into the nursing homes. 

N and NY at one point made up over 50% of total in the country, not sure where that is at now but it is a massive part in these parts. 

14 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I am really curious how many people are going to actually get this vaccine once it is live.  

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is everywhere, they’re the most vulnerable population.

Where else are they supposed to go? 

At least in NJ the issue was less where are they supposed to go and why were patients sent back into the facilities knowing the risks.  It was a complete cluster.  I don't believe at the time in the beginning of it there was a right answer so all this is is playing armchair QB. 

30 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

OK I want to present a more reasonable scenario since my last one was mocked and rightfully so, I guess.

*Disclaimer: I do not agree that only 9k people have died from Covid but I do believe 180k might be a stretch. Just trying to gain some perspective here that I might not be thinking about.

My wife works for a hospice organization. They have had a couple outbreaks where people, who were in hospice care, have passed. As you all probably know, if you're hospice, there's a 99% chance that's it. She's told me stories of people who were supposed to last months that passed in days and vice-versa but unfortunately almost all don't make it. If a hospice patient contracts Covid and they pass, is that marked as a Covid related death? They were already in hospice care and unfortunately not going to make it. I'm not seeing how this can be marked as a Covid related death but maybe someone can present a different angle I might not be seeing here.

This is just one of a couple examples that could be presented as to why I feel the numbers are higher than what they actually are.

Why is the 180K such a stretch? Or even that it's less than what it should be?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

OK I want to present a more reasonable scenario since my last one was mocked and rightfully so, I guess.

*Disclaimer: I do not agree that only 9k people have died from Covid but I do believe 180k might be a stretch. Just trying to gain some perspective here that I might not be thinking about.

My wife works for a hospice organization. They have had a couple outbreaks where people, who were in hospice care, have passed. As you all probably know, if you're hospice, there's a 99% chance that's it. She's told me stories of people who were supposed to last months that passed in days and vice-versa but unfortunately almost all don't make it. If a hospice patient contracts Covid and they pass, is that marked as a Covid related death? They were already in hospice care and unfortunately not going to make it. I'm not seeing how this can be marked as a Covid related death but maybe someone can present a different angle I might not be seeing here.

This is just one of a couple examples that could be presented as to why I feel the numbers are higher than what they actually are.

what kind of logic is this?

If someone is in hospice, and you shoot them in the head, is it still murder even though they were already in hospice?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

what kind of logic is this?

If someone is in hospice, and you shoot them in the head, is it still murder even though they were already in hospice?

I believe voluntary actions differ from what we're experiencing but I see your point.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

19 hours ago, SwAg said:

That was the point I was trying to make with the anecdote about declining health with age.

Do you know someone with high blood pressure?  Low blood pressure?  Respiratory issues?  Diabetes?  On a monthly medication?  Alzheimer’s?  Crohn’s disease?  Stomach ulcer? Digestive issues?  Overweight?

Well, then, they would be counted in the comorbidity, and not in that 6% that died from exclusively COVID.  And those types of common health issues constitute an overwhelming majority of the comorbidities listed.

It’s not this dramatic picture of emaciated people on death’s door that represent 95% of the comboridities.  It is much more dull, like blood pressure issues.  The cancer / 400 lb / murdered by Derek Chauvin / etc. are outliers.

That’s how ridiculous this argument is.  It is some person took the transparency data, misread it, made a meme, and the pandemic-truthers ran with it.

I missed the "propoganda" part of this whole thing and went right to the CDC website so maybe I missed how this was spun. But what exactly does it matter what the comorbidity is?  Are you trying to say that since most of the comorbities are common that it doesn't matter?  Wouldn't we want all the facts?  Once again, I am ignoring the propaganda angle of this and trying to understand what you are saying here because it sounds like you are saying that if I am healthy and you have high blood pressure we should be viewed the same on a health scale. 

33 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Why is the 180K such a stretch? Or even that it's less than what it should be?

B/c I don't feel everything is that black and white. I don't know how things work in the field which is why I brought up the silly scenario earlier that if you have 23 different ailments and you pass, do you put a check mark under all 23 as the cause of death? Even if the person only contracted one of those a day before they passed? This is what I'm having trouble grasping.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

err, I mean what else would they list the COD as?

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Voluntary vs involuntary won’t change the COD...

Sure it will.

A person given 5 months to live then getting a bullet in the head will absolutely attribute the cause of death to the bullet.

A person given 5 months to live, tests negative for Covid every single day until 15 minutes before they pass and now it's a Covid related death? Is that how it works? I just don't agree w/ it if it does work that way. I'm not going to throw a major gripe about it but just stating I don't agree w/ that notion if that's how it works.

34 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I missed the "propoganda" part of this whole thing and went right to the CDC website so maybe I missed how this was spun. But what exactly does it matter what the comorbidity is?  Are you trying to say that since most of the comorbities are common that it doesn't matter?  Wouldn't we want all the facts?  Once again, I am ignoring the propaganda angle of this and trying to understand what you are saying here because it sounds like you are saying that if I am healthy and you have high blood pressure we should be viewed the same on a health scale. 

Then you ignored the entire point of the post for the sake of misinterpreting my post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sure it will.

A person given 5 months to live then getting a bullet in the head will absolutely attribute the cause of death to the bullet.

A person given 5 months to live, tests negative for Covid every single day until 15 minutes before they pass and now it's a Covid related death? Is that how it works? I just don't agree w/ it if it does work that way. I'm not going to throw a major gripe about it but just stating I don't agree w/ that notion if that's how it works.

I don’t know what else to say other than the issue isn’t how it’s being recorded, but rather your comprehension of the issue in general.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

N and NY at one point made up over 50% of total in the country, not sure where that is at now but it is a massive part in these parts. 

In my county, I believe about 96% of the deaths came from LTC facilities. PA, NY, and NJ are all very high proportionally with this because of poor decisions made my respective governors on the matter of requiring LTC facilities to accept recovering patients back into their premises.

• Like 1