Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

11 hours ago, Xenos said:

Looks like CA may go back on lockdown. Right now it’s mainly county restrictions but our hospital numbers don’t look good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfgate.com/bayarea/amp/Newsom-COVID-tier-update-California-15763751.php

Edit: I’m super torn about all this even though I know I shouldn’t be. It just hurts to see this happen again even though I don’t know what our other options are. We really need Congress to pass a new stimulus bill soon.

Michigan’s been shut down since November 15. Ends December 8, although might get extended again. I hate not working but it’s all for a good reason.  

Only lame thing is I got covid during shutdown so I get nothing for it. If you get it and can’t work here you get all the money you would’ve made, which as a bartender averages out to $30/hr for 35 hrs, just for being sick. 

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Michigan’s been shut down since November 15. Ends December 8, although might get extended again. I hate not working but it’s all for a good reason.  

Only lame thing is I got covid during shutdown so I get nothing for it. If you get it and can’t work here you get all the money you would’ve made, which as a bartender averages out to $30/hr for 35 hrs, just for being sick. 

I'm in the wrong line of work

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Per Wiki, there are 650,000 bartenders in the US as of 2019. So for $650MM weekly, we could pay them all to stay home indefinitely.

I'd rip your hand off to agree to that deal if that meant bars were closed until the vaccine was out for only a few billion bucks. Taxpayer comes out way ahead there tbh.

59 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Per Wiki, there are 650,000 bartenders in the US as of 2019. So for $650MM weekly, we could pay them all to stay home indefinitely.

I'd rip your hand off to agree to that deal if that meant bars were closed until the vaccine was out for only a few billion bucks. Taxpayer comes out way ahead there tbh.

You’d have to pay off bar/distillery/brewery owners actually and that’d considerably more. Bartenders are all very replaceable. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

It's fun in your 20s. But it gets old.

Can attest to this. I spent many years after college not pursuing a career b/c I was making dope money bartending and living at home to pay off my loans ASAP..... for a degree I wasn't using. Not the best method but I did pay off my loans very early and got it out of my system before I actually did something adult w/ my life lol. It was a lot of fun though.... a lot.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I had COVID a weeks ago. My brother ended up getting it from a friend this week. Can I still spread COVID if I go over there?

As long a it's been 10 since your first symptoms and you've been symptom free for 24 hours you shouldn't be able to

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

As long a it's been 10 since your first symptoms and you've been symptom free for 24 hours you shouldn't be able to

I meant, I know I'm good myself now. However, if I went over there could I be a carrier of his when I leave, which could infect others?

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I meant, I know I'm good myself now. However, if I went over there could I be a carrier of his when I leave, which could infect others?

I'm not the guy to ask but I think the only concern would be if you had a false positive and get it for real this time.  Or if you carry it in your clothes or something

Moncef Slaoui believes herd immunity could be achieved by May:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/12/01/moncef-slaoui-herd-immunity-coronavirus-vaccine-sot-vpx-ebof.cnn

I just can't wait to sit down at a bar with my dad, have a few brews, and not worry about this virus. I should be vaccinated by Jan and he is going to get vaccinated as soon as it's available. Fingers crossed that vaccines prevent transmission as well. 

• Like 3

https://www.janssen.com/emea/news-center/news-releases

"Johnson & Johnson Announces Initiation of Rolling Submission for its Single-dose Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate with the European Medicines Agency"

And there's this:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/uk/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-uk-intl-hnk/index.html

"UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine, first shots roll out next week"

A lot of stuff happening. 

• Like 1