Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

Our church held services outdoors all summer until Nov 8th (it was COOOLD lol).  They went indoors for one service, then called it off as the case numbers spiked again.  We're back to online.  I would hope that most churches do the same out of consideration for their members safety, but i know it won't be the case.  There are, unfortunately, still people that think the coronavirus is overstated.

We have moved from outside to renting an old mall department store that’s 75,000 square feet and requiring masks and 6+ feet of social distancing, and I’m not sure how it’s going to go yet. To be fair, it’s much more stringent than the school that I teach in with 20+ kids per class wearing masks but unable to distance them.

14 minutes ago, theJ said:

Our church held services outdoors all summer until Nov 8th (it was COOOLD lol).  They went indoors for one service, then called it off as the case numbers spiked again.  We're back to online.  I would hope that most churches do the same out of consideration for their members safety, but i know it won't be the case.  There are, unfortunately, still people that think the coronavirus is overstated.

It’s the mega churches that are throwing a hissy fit in my state.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It’s the mega churches that are throwing a hissy fit in my state.

I'm not too surprised, they are the ones who will have by far the biggest bills compared to the smaller churches, and no people in the pews no bucks in the collection plate. And they lose their production value going online, versus smaller churches where people don't expect them to be perfect. I was going to comment that around here, most of the smaller churches did the outdoor services and then have gone back online, even in the rural areas.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mission27 said:
On 12/2/2020 at 1:36 PM, Daboyle said:

I miss @mission27 and @TLO's COVID tierrankings

As soon as we stopped doing them things started getting worse tbh

Coincidence? 

No coincidence.

You stopped doing them because the mol was going down while there was clear, uncontrolled spread, proving a disconnect in the way your figure was calculated

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

No coincidence.

You stopped doing them because the mol was going down while there was clear, uncontrolled spread, proving a disconnect in the way your figure was calculated

I think it'd be more accurate to say they stopped bc everyone was throwing a fit about some numbers posted on a message board and they were tired of being harassed. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'm not too surprised, they are the ones who will have by far the biggest bills compared to the smaller churches, and no people in the pews no bucks in the collection plate. And they lose their production value going online, versus smaller churches where people don't expect them to be perfect. I was going to comment that around here, most of the smaller churches did the outdoor services and then have gone back online, even in the rural areas.

Yeah, it's probably not a totally conscient thought on their part, but i'm sure the money aspect is weighing into it.  

I want to preface this by saying I am looking for an actual discourse.

Can someone who plans on NOT getting the vaccine when it's released explain to me why they came to that decision? I was reading about a poll that said about 20% of Americans think it was rushed and unsafe and another 20% just wanted to wait for to make sure it was safe. 

My stance is that if Fauci, science, and the experts trust it then why  shouldn't I?

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Churches benefit from in person services for donations.  My hunch is they are not collecting monetary donations with online services