Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I could debunk the two statements in the top line, but what's the point?  You are going to believe what you believe.  AND SO AM I.

I have changed my opinion when presented with facts 1000 times. You just have yet to present any facts. Your own posted study doesn't agree with you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:
8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It would require a political discussion in addition to the science on both sides.  I'm not going there. 

Why would it be political? We aren't talking about politics. If you present political 'evidence' then it isn't scientific evidence and can't possibly prove your point. 

I just want to say this. Myself and others have been perfectly capable of discussing this and presenting links without political ties to support what we are saying. It is EXTREMELY telling that you feel you can't do the same. 

I also NEED to say that giving up on discourse like this because its frustrating is philosophically damning. We NEED to have these types of discussions. Not to convince each other of things but to challenge each other, to grow as people and therefore a society. So please, don't just throw your hands up. Let's discuss this. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Why would it be political? We aren't talking about politics. If you present political 'evidence' then it isn't scientific evidence and can't possibly prove your point. 

It would become political because, although the coronavirus does exsit and can be deadly to older people with co-morbidities (and in EXTREMELY rare cases to younger people), the scope of this whole "pandemic" has been vastly overstated for political purposes.  What is the point in discussing science if the scientists putting out the conclusions are all bought and paid for?  

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

It would become political because, although the coronavirus does exsit and can be deadly to older people with co-morbidities (and in EXTREMELY rare cases to younger people), the scope of this whole "pandemic" has been vastly overstated for political purposes.  What is the point in discussing science if the scientists putting out the conclusions are all bought and paid for?  

Like the AAPS? lol

You only think that because the sources you are getting your information from ARE that. Read medical journals that are peer reviewed, corroborated, and are medical independent studies. By definition they are not bought and paid for because they CANT be. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I just want to say this. Myself and others have been perfectly capable of discussing this and presenting links without political ties to support what we are saying. It is EXTREMELY telling that you feel you can't do the same. 

I also NEED to say that giving up on discourse like this because its frustrating is philosophically damning. We NEED to have these types of discussions. Not to convince each other of things but to challenge each other, to grow as people and therefore a society. So please, don't just throw your hands up. Let's discuss this. 

I agree.  Those discussions can and should be had, but they need to take place in an arena where we ALL have freedom of speech.  We do not have that on this site.  I can understand that on Football's Future.  Webby has a good reason for wanting to keep it to football.  At the same time, I don't know if you are aware of the magnitude of the censorship (of one side) and the suppression of free speech that is currently taking place in the mainstream media and on social networking sites.  It is not ethical to claim that "we need to discuss things", while your ideas are being protected by big money, while I'm forced to "discuss" things with one arm tied behind my back.  It is the same thing as all the people who push "open-mindedness" and "diversity".  That is all well and good - until you have a different opinion than theirs.  Don't even try to tell me I'm wrong on this.  I live in Minnesota and used to work in the very area where George Floyd was killed.  I have seen the effects of all this "tolerance" - as my city was burning.  

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

So you think the entire world revolves around US politics? That’s an interesting stance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree.  Those discussions can and should be had, but they need to take place in an arena where we ALL have freedom of speech.  We do not have that on this site.  I can understand that on Football's Future.  Webby has a good reason for wanting to keep it to football.  At the same time, I don't know if you are aware of the magnitude of the censorship (of one side) and the suppression of free speech that is currently taking place in the mainstream media and on social networking sites.  It is not ethical to claim that "we need to discuss things", while your ideas are being protected by big money, while I'm forced to "discuss" things with one arm tied behind my back.  It is the same thing as all the people who push "open-mindedness" and "diversity".  That is all well and good - until you have a different opinion than theirs.  Don't even try to tell me I'm wrong on this.  I live in Minnesota and used to work in the very area where George Floyd was killed.  I have seen the effects of all this "tolerance" - as my city was burning.  

Conspiracies, gotcha, that's why you can't argue your position, because it is politically motivated. Your whole platform on this topic is political motivated. Otherwise none of what you said would be relevant. Throw out your complaints about the media, it has nothing to do with medical facts. I have not used media based reporting in any of my arguments. Throw out 'big money', because it has no basis on medical journals, where I get my info from. If you can link this mysterious big money, whatever that is and whoever that is, to medical journals then I will welcome that info with open arms. However, don't try to use the media, you already said that is crap. See how you painted yourself into a corner here? 

George Floyd and anything surrounding the subsequent events have NOTHING to do with what we are discussing here. You can try to correlate it all you want but it has NOTHING to do with medical fact. It is completely disingenuous that you would bring that up to begin with. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Conspiracies, gotcha, that's why you can't argue your position, because it is politically motivated. Your whole platform on this topic is political motivated. Otherwise none of what you said would be relevant. Throw out your complaints about the media, it has nothing to do with medical facts. I have not used media based reporting in any of my arguments. Throw out 'big money', because it has no basis on medical journals, where I get my info from. If you can link this mysterious big money, whatever that is and whoever that is, to medical journals then I will welcome that info with open arms. However, don't try to use the media, you already said that is crap. See how you painted yourself into a corner here? 

George Floyd and anything surrounding the subsequent events have NOTHING to do with what we are discussing here. You can try to correlate it all you want but it has NOTHING to do with medical fact. It is completely disingenuous that you would bring that up to begin with. 

Yeah.  That's it.  I'm a conspiracy theorist.  Just go ahead and write me off as some ignorant redneck who is not as enlightened as you are.  I have neither the time, nor the inclination to try and back up my stances with facts on an internet bulletin board.  There is far too much information to present, and you wouldn't be open-minded enough to listen to it anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to try and back up my stances with facts on an internet bulletin board.

27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:
43 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I agree.  Those discussions can and should be had

Liar

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

you wouldn't be open-minded enough to listen to it anyway. 

You are the one closing yourself off. I am here WAITING for you to provide me with some medical facts. I have asked for it over and over and over again. I WANT this discourse. I WANT you to show me something that I can read, corroborate, and learn from. However you continue to use the excuse that you can't because it would be political and not allowed. News flash, medical fact is NOT political. If you can't post it because it's too political, its a political narrative and not a medical fact. So either this is a massive excuse because you can't provide me with information to back yourself up or you simply don't have medical facts at all, just a political narrative to tout. 

I am going to say this. I respect you. I want to hear from you. However, I also want you to help me. Give me something to chew on. Give me some fact based information to read. I read your other article and pointed out that the citations they used dispute the article itself. You didn't respond to that. So who is closed off here? The guy who reads in it's entirety the article provided and even read through each article the original cited and realized that the cited sources came to different conclusions to the article and pointed it out to help expand understanding of said article provided OR the person who ignored that discourse and just threw up their hands spouting 'politics' in a discussion that has nothing to do with it?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

No.  You have no clue what I think and/or know.

The point is the entire world is taking this very seriously, you said it’s ONLY as big a deal as it is because of American politics. So yes, you essentially are saying the entire world revolves around American politics. Pick a stance. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

The point is the entire world is taking this very seriously, you said it’s ONLY as big a deal as it is because of American politics. So yes, you essentially are saying the entire world revolves around American politics. Pick a stance. 

No, I did not say that.  It is something that is part of a worldwide plan.  That is my stance.  I will not elaborate in this forum.