Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Good of you to admit this, but nothing else matters unless you intend to research literally every fringe opinion you come across now going forward before sharing it/mentally committing to it. Apologies are nice; action to improve the anti-science mindset is what's critical, however.

giphy.gif

One thing I have learned over the years....no matter the subject you can find a study out there that supports one side and a study that supports the other side.  There will always be conflicting research.

What health officials really need to do while the vaccine is getting sorted, is to educate the US on how important metabolic health is.  Something as simple as boosting Vitamin D levels can go a long way.  Unfortunately that isn't something for Big Pharma to make money off of.

• Like 3

NYT will give you an estimate of where you fall in the vaccine line and I'm, according to my age and job, 272.6 millionth in line lol. My county has 134k people in it and I'm 117th in line lol.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

Obviously just for fun and NYT is a joke but still interesting. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

One thing I have learned over the years....no matter the subject you can find a study out there that supports one side and a study that supports the other side.  There will always be conflicting research.

What health officials really need to do while the vaccine is getting sorted, is to educate the US on how important metabolic health is.  Something as simple as boosting Vitamin D levels can go a long way.  Unfortunately that isn't something for Big Pharma to make money off of.

For profit medicine has no incentive to lose customers (i.e. the chronically ill). Need to motivate people to participate in cheaper, preventative medicine. But as long as some people make money off others' ill health we won't see this sort of common sense solution you propose.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

NYT will give you an estimate of where you fall in the vaccine line and I'm, according to my age and job, 272.6 millionth in line lol. My county has 134k people in it and I'm 117th in line lol.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

Obviously just for fun and NYT is a joke but still interesting. 

I'm behind 126.5 million. Likely because I'm considered essential and can't work from home ha.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

The old ball and chain is a nurse in a nursing home, so immediate family will also be able to get the first wave as far as I know. I'll let you know when the 3rd and 4th peens start growing

I should be in line for vaccine in the next 2ish weeks.

If people want, I can keep a log of how things go.  Up to mods if it would warrant a separate thread?

@ET80

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I should be in line for vaccine in the next 2ish weeks.

If people want, I can keep a log of how things go.  Up to mods if it would warrant a separate thread?

@ET80

IMO keeping this discussion centralized is probably the best idea, especial when it is terms of a vaccine which is, for some ungodly reason, controversial. Like @ET80 said, up to @bucsfan333