2010s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True, I like farcical, crude and slapstick comedies but a lot of people do not and are too sophisticated for Dumb and Dumber fart jokes.      ...Barney's movie had heart, but Football in The Groin had a Football in The Groin.

Trust me, I am in no way tryin to slag on Farcical, Crude or Slapstick comedies. Love'em too. Im more or less stating I disagree with the premise of discounting certain movies if they have non-comedic elements to them. A great example is Parasite. That movie is a Dark Comedy for 80% of it, but Im guessing most people consider it a Thriller because of the last Act. It having a Thriller finale, shouldn't override how much of the movie is built on comedy. 

Edited by animaltested

Just now, animaltested said:

Trust me, I am in no way tryin to slag on Farcical, Crude or Slapstick comedies. Love'em too. Im more or less stating I disagree with the premise of discounting certain movies if they have non-comedic elements to them. A great example is Parasite. That movie is a Dark Comedy for 80% of it, but Im guessing most people consider it a Thriller because of the last Act. It having a Thriller finale, shouldn't override how much of the movie is built on comedy. 

The problem is people don't know what dark comedy is.  I guarantee you people are going to lose their **** when people nominate Fargo for comedy. 

22 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Very true, I have not seen Parasite yet, will be curious to see what that is like.   Punch-Drunk Love is a dark comedy I like and is pretty damn funny.

PS if people nominate Fargo for comedy in the 1990s section that is pretty sad because that is easily the best collection of comedies of any decade.  Death at a Funeral is a dark comedy that is actually funny, Fargo is an entertaining crime drama but to say it is laugh a minute comedy, no.  It is like saying What We Do in The Shadows is a great comedy, when really most of the funny parts of the film are in the damn trailer already and outside of the first 45 minutes or so it really takes a turn and pretty lacking because they seemed to have ran out of funny material to use.

Grand Budapest Hotel

The Other Guys

Dope

50/50

Birdman

I really want to see Sorry To Bother You and The Big Sick, and I feel like they might make this list, but I haven't seen them yet.  I also had The Big Short, Tower Heist, and a couple others that narrowly missed it.  A lot of funny movies this past decade.

Edited by Daniel

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The Other Guys is a freaking line or Rama, classic Adam McKay writing, not quite as good as Step Brothers but was pretty damn solid I thought.  

that would make my next tier

too much rob riggle bring it down