FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Pretty happy to nab Charles.  Gotta have competition/replacement for free agent to be cam robinson.

He was strongly in contention for 114. I was actually debating between 6 OL at that spot lol. I MIGHT grab a fourth if one of the couple remaining fits that I'm eyeing are there in round 6 or 7 (which would be a miracle, honestly).

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Hes a Potential t that if he doesnt work at t can play guard. 

He can't be worse then cam pass blocking

Saadhiq is very, very sloppy. That's what knocked him out of contention for me. Outstanding athlete, though. Put him in a spread or outside zone scheme, and he could be effective right away. With any other scheme, power, gaps, inside zone... His base is awful, he needs to develop more power, he has trouble identifying blitzers. He's badly in need of development with how to use his hands, how to set his feet, how to read the defense, and how to time his jabs. He's very, very raw. Excellent mover in space and sets up combo blocks well, though. Tough at the second level. Great ability to counter length. 

But right now? Probably worse than Cam Robinson as both a run blocker and in the passing game. Saadhiq Charles is very much a developmental prospect. That's mostly what you can hope for, at this point, though. Terence Steele and Yasir Durant are in the same mold where they really need to refine their game but have the body and athletic ability of a starter on the perimeter.

That said, there was a very good pass blocker with excellent power and fantastic character/on-field demeanor still available. The ONLY thing that kept me from taking him is that he's not going to be as good in the Cardinals' scheme as he would be in literally any of the other 31 NFL offensive systems. 

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

I, for one, am glad that Arizona has forgotten defense is a thing 

because that offense with any sort of defense would be killer 

I mean, we got an IDL, an edge rusher, a ILB, and a CB through trade/free agency. All four project to be either starters or major role-players. And they were productive players, too. The only position group we didn't address was safety, and that's because we have three excellent young guys on their rookie contracts (Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Deionte Thompson). We may add some people, but overall, this draft class is very unimpressive on the defensive side of the ball and we're going BPA.

12 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, we got an IDL, an edge rusher, a ILB, and a CB through trade/free agency. All four project to be either starters or major role-players. And they were productive players, too. The only position group we didn't address was safety, and that's because we have three excellent young guys on their rookie contracts (Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Deionte Thompson). We may add some people, but overall, this draft class is very unimpressive on the defensive side of the ball and we're going BPA.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Saadhiq is very, very sloppy. That's what knocked him out of contention for me. Outstanding athlete, though. Put him in a spread or outside zone scheme, and he could be effective right away. With any other scheme, power, gaps, inside zone... His base is awful, he needs to develop more power, he has trouble identifying blitzers. He's badly in need of development with how to use his hands, how to set his feet, how to read the defense, and how to time his jabs. He's very, very raw. Excellent mover in space and sets up combo blocks well, though. Tough at the second level. Great ability to counter length. 

But right now? Probably worse than Cam Robinson as both a run blocker and in the passing game. Saadhiq Charles is very much a developmental prospect. That's mostly what you can hope for, at this point, though. Terence Steele and Yasir Durant are in the same mold where they really need to refine their game but have the body and athletic ability of a starter on the perimeter.

That said, there was a very good pass blocker with excellent power and fantastic character/on-field demeanor still available. The ONLY thing that kept me from taking him is that he's not going to be as good in the Cardinals' scheme as he would be in literally any of the other 31 NFL offensive systems. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/1/3/21048523/pff-ranks-jaguars-offensive-line-at-26th-in-nfl

After returning from an injury-shortened second season, left tackle Cam Robinson showed more of the form that we saw from him as a rookie when he posted one of the worst pressure rates allowed in the NFL (9.0%). This season, Robinson allowed 45 pressures at left tackle in 552 pass-blocking snaps for a slightly improved — yet, still concerning — rate of 8.2%. 

i beg to differ that he cant possibly be as bad as cam robinson pass blocking. 

Added to team roster sheets

3rd Rnd - Pick 39 | Overall: 103 | IND selects Troy Pride Jr. - CB
3rd Rnd - Pick 40 | Overall: 104 | KC selects McTelvin Agim - 34DE
3rd Rnd - Pick 41 | Overall: 105 | MIN selects Terrell Burgess - S
3rd Rnd - Pick 42 | Overall: 106 | KC selects Shane Lemieux - LG
4th Rnd - Pick 1 | Overall: 107 | CIN selects Willie Gay Jr. - 43OLB
4th Rnd - Pick 2 | Overall: 108 | WAS selects Albert Okwuegbunam - TE
4th Rnd - Pick 3 | Overall: 109 | PIT selects Donovan Peoples-Jones - WR
4th Rnd - Pick 4 | Overall: 110 | NYG selects Harrison Bryant - TE
4th Rnd - Pick 5 | Overall: 111 | HOU selects A.J. Dillon - RB
4th Rnd - Pick 6 | Overall: 112 | PIT selects Solomon Kindley - G
4th Rnd - Pick 7 | Overall: 113 | BAL selects Khalid Kareem - 34OLB
4th Rnd - Pick 8 | Overall: 114 | ARI selects Nick Harris - C
4th Rnd - Pick 9 | Overall: 115 | ARI selects Antonio Gandy-Golden - WR
4th Rnd - Pick 10 | Overall: 116 | JAC selects Saahdiq Charles - T
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Fits the mold of the edge guys we like! Twitchy guys with bend that need technical refinement. 

I wanted him over Zuniga, actually, but my coGM liked Zuniga and we flipped a coin.

Of course, my preference is completely about his ability, and has nothing to do with him being a Vol.