Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rams
    • 49ers
    • Whoever bet the under...

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:
3 minutes ago, SammyBradwater said:

How can you say that? They went from a 1st down to losing the game on the next play. Traditionally refs allow a lot more contact in the secondary at the end of close games anyway.

kramxel is exactly right though. This was one of them games that was not decided by that one play. Just one that happened at a bad time. The Niners had there chances and they got their fair share of calls in this one too. 

He's not right at all. 

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

kramxel is exactly right though. This was one of them games that was not decided by that one play. Just one that happened at a bad time. The Niners had there chances and they got their fair share of calls in this one too. 

I think it's unfortunate to have a game that was this entertaining somewhat derailed by what could be a light penalty call. I only saw the back angle view of the play, so obviously I couldn't see Taylor push off. It didn't look like it to me, I just saw the two jostling back and forth, but again, I couldn't see the front angle. Is this the reason the 49ers lost the game? Of Course not. Calls like that go both ways. I mean that Donald penalty was one of the worst I've ever seen. I just feel that it was unfortunate from a timing perspective and that we were robbed of possibly a much more amazing ending. And it sucks to have to even talk about a penalty after such a fun game.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:
5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

It was a first down on a potential game winning drive, what?

Key word there.

??? It went from 1st and 10 to 3rd and 20. If you can't see the substantial difference between that then that's your problem

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

??? It went from 1st and 10 to 3rd and 20. If you can't see the substantial difference between that the that's your problem

Oh I can see a substantial difference in that just fine. But I can also see a much bigger and a much more substantial difference between 1 potential play and an entire game. Apparently you can't.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it's unfortunate to have a game that was this entertaining somewhat derailed by what could be a light penalty call. I only saw the back angle view of the play, so obviously I couldn't see Taylor push off. It didn't look like it to me, I just saw the two jostling back and forth, but again, I couldn't see the front angle. Is this the reason the 49ers lost the game? Of Course not. Calls like that go both ways. I mean that Donald penalty was one of the worst I've ever seen. I just feel that it was unfortunate from a timing perspective and that we were robbed of possibly a much more amazing ending and that we should even be talking about a penalty at the end of that game.

Yeah it was bad timing. But it didn't cost you guys the game like you said. I agree it was a disappointing call from an entertainment perspective but I guess that we see it so much now that I'm getting numb to it. 

Still, the Niners showed fight and never gave up. Gotta respect that.

2 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Growing nicely. Why you don't make snap judgements after one season. 

Goff just has to keep building on it, and he needs to keep his head up when he has a bad game (because he'll have one sooner or later).

1 minute ago, Supersuavesky said:

Growing nicely. Why you don't make snap judgements after one season. 

The best pickup the entire offseason was Whitworth. With oline a being terrible all throughout the league, the Rams oline has been good and that's why Goff and this offense is rolling. The Rams literally went from GRob (the worst LT) to Whitworth (one of the best LT). Then they let WR Britt and Quick go (both suck) and brought in WR Watkins and Woods (both had 100yds tonight and been making plays when they are targeted). But of course getting McVay and telling Fisher and his joke of an OC Boras to kick rocks was the biggest piece to Goff success. So it's not a shocker, Goff finally has the pieces surrounding him to succeed. 

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

What a bust.

It's really incredible what a difference getting rid of Fisher's buffoons and replacing them with some brilliant offensive minds makes. Goff isn't perfect. He still makes mistakes and has developing to do, but he looks so surgical out there. He's making great calls at the LOS when the play needs to be changed. He's knowing where to go with the ball. He's avoiding turnovers. He's finding his checkdown. He's absolutely lethal in the red-zone.

Yes, we haven't played any elite defenses yet, but Goff is 22 years old. He's showing he can play. Gurley returning to form just makes it all that much sweeter.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's really incredible what a difference getting rid of Fisher's buffoons and replacing them with some brilliant offensive minds makes. Goff isn't perfect. He still makes mistakes and has developing to do, but he looks so surgical out there. He's making great calls at the LOS when the play needs to be changed. He's knowing where to go with the ball. He's avoiding turnovers. He's finding his checkdown. He's absolutely lethal in the red-zone.

Yes, we haven't played any elite defenses yet, but Goff is 22 years old. He's showing he can play. Gurley returning to form just makes it all that much sweeter.

Oh yeah, Gurley is a bust too.

B|

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gratitude Rams, for taking an elite LT away from the Bengals.   

Archived