College Football 25

Ty21

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'm glad somebody said it.

It's the absolute least of my concern. The only thing I ever did was modify the rosters to be accurate. They're already going to be accurate. I don't care about the ratings of the players nor do I care about creating myself or recruits in the future. 

I get caring about editing their on-field look or whatever but that's not something I'm going to concern myself about at this point. I'm just glad it's back.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Who cares if you can't create or edit players lol

This. What a silly thing to be up in arms about. Of course they weren’t going to let people edit players, the whole reason the game was shut down in the past was a lawsuit on player likeness.

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Who cares if you can't create or edit players lol

Speak for yourself. Customization in sports games is the #1 deciding factor for me. And specifically in College Video Games, I like creating 5-10 custom players for my team before I start Dynasty. Then I enter Dynasty with them. I did this for NCAA 04 through 14.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Speak for yourself. Customization in sports games is the #1 deciding factor for me. And specifically in College Video Games, I like creating 5-10 custom players for my team before I start Dynasty. Then I enter Dynasty with them. I did this for NCAA 04 through 14.

Realism matters more

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Realism matters more

Realism for an EA Sports game? Lol. They have been arcade-style since their conception, that is never going to change. EA Sports will never release a simulation style sports game, no matter how much they advertise it as simulation style. Their games are arcade style with simulation game modes.

• Like 1

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Realism for an EA Sports game? Lol. They have been arcade-style since their conception, that is never going to change. EA Sports will never release a simulation style sports game, no matter how much they advertise it as simulation style. Their games are arcade style with simulation game modes.

Funny, I've never had that problem keeping things realistic. Must be a you problem.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Funny, I've never had that problem keeping things realistic. Must be a you problem.

The gameplay is as arcade as it gets for any sports publisher. It has not been simulation gameplay since PS2. For simulation style, see NBA 2K and MLB The Show.

11 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

The gameplay is as arcade as it gets for any sports publisher. It has not been simulation gameplay since PS2. For simulation style, see NBA 2K and MLB The Show.

I'm sure they'll miss you.

57 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

While I agree that EA can definitely be arcadey. 2K might be the least sim sports game. (Fair warning: I haven't played Madden in like 10 years)

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's the absolute least of my concern. The only thing I ever did was modify the rosters to be accurate. They're already going to be accurate. I don't care about the ratings of the players nor do I care about creating myself or recruits in the future. 

I get caring about editing their on-field look or whatever but that's not something I'm going to concern myself about at this point. I'm just glad it's back.

Some people do like creating themselves of friends/family. It’s been a very standard part of sports gaming for decades. I honestly haven’t played sports since NCAA went off the air. I used to create a player…and it’s something that I was going to use for this game. It is a bit disappointing. I never needed the real players in the game…as they were out of the picture almost immediately during dynasty anyway. 

I can't wait for this game. Did the preload, but I'm assuming there's more as this game probably isn't 28gb. I've only really tried an ultimate team mode in 2K, and I've heard from everyone how 2K has the worst UT mode of any game. Really looking forward to trying it in this game along with offline/online dynasty, road to glory, and ranked online matches.

Everything about this game looks great, but what stands out to me the most is the blocking.  The OL and the RB when he's in pass pro move better than they ever have before.  QBs also move and throw way more naturally than in the past.  

I'm pumped.  I understand the frustration by not being able to create or edit players, but it isn't going to break this game.  And while EA may deserve a lot of flack for a lot of different things, I doubt they would leave something like that out without a good reason.  Otherwise it wouldn't be in Madden either.  In all likelihood they just don't want to risk any legal problems.

Edited by iknowcool

I’m glad create a player is still there in full for Road to Glory, that’s the only place where if it didn’t have it I’d reconsider buying. Like if they only had premade characters or you could only choose from existing players that woulda sucked.

I don’t really get the not being able to edit attributes thing, but not a huge deal.