Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody post a huge news headline.  Like Packers trade for AJ Green.  Or Packers trade Kevin King.

Just so I can get a little excitement and the Communist has to do some actual work around here.

Njokuuuu. He'd be big in a physical sense.

• Like 1

I am not worried about his drops. It’s tough to catch Cam Newton throwing the ball unless you are true No1 elite receiver. 

I had him in my Fantasy League in 2018 and his production is not that bad.

If he stays on the field for full year, this would be a STEAL anything less than 4M in guaranteed money. 

Edited by Jaire_Island

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t even love MVS.  It’s the notion that someone with his unique physical ability has done nothing to earn a roster spot that is the epitome of stupid as hell.  Jeff ****ing Janis made the roster 4 years.  Nobody here understands what a typical NFL roster looks like.  People thought Gabriel was some significantly better #2 than Lazard last year.

I like lazard. I think MVS is a player and I like him on my team. If your only point is people are a bit extreme with their opinions of him, I can feel that

GB was not looking to invest a lot of money here b/c of 2021 FA targets they have to keep (Bak, Clark, Lindsley...maybe Jones, King) and cap money that will entail.

Given whomever they might get in the draft at WR will have less acclimation time (due to COVID) in mini-camps, etc. they needed a cheap veteran who can come in and maybe do something.  Hence Fuchness.  Not a big investment; not a big expectation.  Given he was out of action last year, only possible upside.  Best case scenario, he does 'okay' and he gets GB a 5th round comp pick.  It's a good signing - low risk; position of possible need given nobody knows how the other WRs will actually pan out (ESB, MVS, Kum).  Add another playa to that mix and see what plays out.  Not much else Gute could've done at WR in FA this year; his hands are ties dollar-wise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

To the left it also says "passengers transferred to cunard liner Capathia--all are now safe".  

Perhaps it wasn't as blatant or agregious as it is today due to communication lines being so much slower back then, but they were still full of ****.

the passengers that were transferred were all safe.  

• Like 1