Who would have won Super Bowl LII if the Jaguars held on against the Patriots?

Apparition

if SB52 was Jaguars v. Eagles, who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. if SB52 was Jaguars v. Eagles, who wins?

• Jaguars
    • Eagles

This is lowkey one of the most interesting matchups we never got to see, because as fun as SB52 was to watch, it probably would've been completely different had it been the Eagles against the powerhouse Jags defense and Blake Bortles, instead of Tom Brady throwing for 500 yards in a loss.

2 minutes ago, AustrianEagle said:

seriously? on that day, in that season, nobody would have stopped the eagles from putting up 41 points. and with bortels instead of brady, the game would not have been close. ask keenum. 

You undersell just how poorly the Patriots defense performed that night by several orders of magnitude. 
Jordan Richards was part of their base defense. JORDAN. RICHARDS.

3 minutes ago, AustrianEagle said:

seriously? on that day, in that season, nobody would have stopped the eagles from putting up 41 points. and with bortels instead of brady, the game would not have been close. ask keenum. 

Personally, if the Jaguars would've went to Foxborough and knocked off Brady and BB, I'd have a hard time seeing us fall. Would've been a great matchup though.

34 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Eagles lit up the Vikings in the same playoffs. The Vikings had a dominant defense that year, maybe not as good as the Jags but close. So the Eagles. The Jags' offense wouldn't have been able to keep up.

Scored 45 against PIT in divisional (aided by the D, but it would've also been apart of the situation in SB as well) and they had the 7th ranked D in 2017.

Jaguars may not have had a super sustainable team due to the QB, but that year there was clearly something special going on that got put to bed by a terrible whistle by a ref. 

*Cough* Myles Jack wasn't down *Cough*

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Scored 45 against PIT in divisional (aided by the D, but it would've also been apart of the situation in SB as well) and they had the 7th ranked D in 2017.

Jaguars may not have had a super sustainable team due to the QB, but that year there was clearly something special going on that got put to bed by a terrible whistle by a ref. 

*Cough* Myles Jack wasn't down *Cough*

Good point. I suppose Jacksonville could have pulled it off, but if I was betting on that game, I'd take the Eagles in a heartbeat. They were just a buzzsaw that postseason.

Jags with the 7-pt lead entering the 4th quarter, Pats with zero running game, Bortles with more passing yards than Brady. That was quite the entertaining scenario for us NFL fans to enjoy that day. Wild and crazy. 

Kinda think the Eagles were hyped for the Pats, but would've been low-key vs the Jags. Just have to bow to the Dougie factor, he was on fire as a coach that season. Starter goes down, bring in the sub and keep on rocking. Eagles on top. 

Definitely would’ve been lower scoring, but hard to say. Eagles - with hindsight - were that hot-buzzsaw, destiny type team. Hard to see them losing, all things considered. But that Jags team certainly had something about them too, Bortles was actually decent enough that year. 

Tough call, but I have a hard time seeing the Eagles lose.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AustrianEagle said:

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Eagles but the Patriots defense was absolutely terrible in that game. Both defenses were really. Both teams had several blown coverages that led to big plays/touchdowns against them.

I still think the Eagles would have won but to act like they would've picked the Jags defense apart the same way they did the Pats defense is laughable.

Edited by Bolts223