Do the Redskins do the unthinkable?

BZski

5 hours ago, Trojan said:

If I was running the Skins I'd consider something like the following
Trade 2 and 108 to the Lions for 3 and 35 (they take Young)
Trade 3 + Trent Williams to the Dolphins for 5 + 26 + 56 (they take Tua)
Trade 5 to Jacksonville for 9 + 42 (they take Okudah)

009 (from JAX) Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia
026 (from MIA) Patrick Queen, ILB LSU
035 (from Lions) Grant Delpit, FS LSU
042 (from JAX) Tee Higgins, WR Clemson
056 (from MIA) Bryce Hall, CB Virginia
066 Tyler Biadasz, C Wisconsin
142 + the two 7s and a future pick if needed to trade up to get Logan Stenberg, LG Kentucky or Solomon Kindley, LG Georgia whenever one gets drafted
162 Josiah Deguara, TE Cincinnati

end up with

QB: Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen (Maybe Alex Smith?)
RB: Derrius Guice, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR: Terry McLaurin, Steven Sims, Cam Sims
WR: Tee Higgins, Kelvin Harmon, Cody Latimer
Slot: Trey Quinn
TE: Jeremy Sprinkle, Josiah Deguara, Logan Thomas/Richard Rodgers
LT: Andrew Thomas, Geron Christian
LG: Logan Stenberg, Wes Schweitzer
C: Tyler Biadasz, Chase Roullier
RG: Brandon Scherff, Wes Martin
RT: Morgan Moses

DE: Jonathan Allen
NT: Daron Payne, Tim Settle
DE: Matt Ioannidis, Caleb Brantley
Edge: Montez Sweat, Nate Orchard
ILB: Patrick Queen, Thomas Davis
ILB:  Reuben Foster, Jonathan Bostic
Edge: Ryan Kerrigan, Ryan Anderson
CB: Kyle Fuller, Fabian Moreau, Jimmy Moreland
CB: Bryce Hall, Ronald Darby
FS: Grant Delpit, Sean Davis
SS: Landon Collins, Deshazor Everett

That's a neither Young or Tua to the Skins, and it makes sense as a rebuild the defense and support Haskins plan to me.

You do know the this only happens on First-pick mock draft simulations right? 

Jk but there is Noway that is a realistic possibility.

9 hours ago, BZski said:

Let me teach you a thing or two about Lions "luck". Lions "luck" would be that the Redskins do in fact pass on Young, you see videos of Lions fans high fiving around the world (Corona virus be damned) and then ... "with the 3rd pick in the NFL draft the Detroit Lions select Jeffery Okudah, defensive back, Ohios State University".

That my friend is Lions "luck"!

So you mean like the Browns did with Chubb/Ward? Hell of a roll model to follow!🍺

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So you mean like the Browns did with Chubb/Ward? Hell of a roll model to follow!🍺

As crazy as it sounds the Browns may have made the right call. Chubbs hasnt been anything special so far. Ward I believe made a PB year 1 right? That being said I want Young over Okudah ALL DAY!

• Like 1

Let’s see, Alex Smiths contract is still on the books, we just traded for Kyle Allen and have Haskins. I get that the majority of you think Haskins sucks so whatever. The kid really started to play well towards the end of the year as he got comfortable with O’Connell and we moved away from Callahans archaic offense. You really have to take into account just how much Jay Gruden didn’t want to work with him and how he basically got stuck on the scout team until he was fired. 

But yeah, I know FF. A QB who’s coach got fired mid-season, who’s all-pro LT decided not to show up and had all rookie pass catchers should’ve succeeded. I mean, how do you not succeed when you’re throwing passes to Jeremy Sprinkle and Hale Hentges? I mean, it is nice we have a 35-year old RB so that should’ve helped him too. 

The Redskins aren’t taking Tua and if the last few games are any indication of Haskins future we won’t be taking Lawrence either. I’m excited for Chase Young and what he means for our defenses future. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 12:23 PM, lavar703 said:

Let’s see, Alex Smiths contract is still on the books, we just traded for Kyle Allen and have Haskins. I get that the majority of you think Haskins sucks so whatever. The kid really started to play well towards the end of the year as he got comfortable with O’Connell and we moved away from Callahans archaic offense. You really have to take into account just how much Jay Gruden didn’t want to work with him and how he basically got stuck on the scout team until he was fired. 

But yeah, I know FF. A QB who’s coach got fired mid-season, who’s all-pro LT decided not to show up and had all rookie pass catchers should’ve succeeded. I mean, how do you not succeed when you’re throwing passes to Jeremy Sprinkle and Hale Hentges? I mean, it is nice we have a 35-year old RB so that should’ve helped him too. 

The Redskins aren’t taking Tua and if the last few games are any indication of Haskins future we won’t be taking Lawrence either. I’m excited for Chase Young and what he means for our defenses future. 

Smith can be a June 1st cut which would cost us ~10M on the books. Unloading Williams would free up space as would Kerrigan, if there was a thought to trade him. The Redskins have the room to sign people, but they are being a bit smart instead of jumping feet first. There is a chance they take Tua, but its slim. 

The best scenario for the Redskins is if Cincy signs Cam, drafts Chase Young, and Miami sends the motherload to the Redskins for Burrow or Tua. 

29 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Smith can be a June 1st cut which would cost us ~10M on the books. Unloading Williams would free up space as would Kerrigan, if there was a thought to trade him. The Redskins have the room to sign people, but they are being a bit smart instead of jumping feet first. There is a chance they take Tua, but its slim. 

The best scenario for the Redskins is if Cincy signs Cam, drafts Chase Young, and Miami sends the motherload to the Redskins for Burrow or Tua. 

I think you’re mistaken regarding Alex Smith. @Wozwould probably know for certain though...

Edited by lavar703