TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

Well I’m going to cash out the crazy equity my house here in Bastrop has earned over the last two years, by selling. I want to upgrade. This house was a great starter for me and I appreciate it but it’s time. I rented a house by the lake here in Bastrop while I look for another place to buy.

@D82I’m thinking of going back to the gulf coast area. Maybe back to Corpus, or another bigger city like Houston, or something smaller like South Padre, or Matagorda. Ideally Port A, or Aransas Pass. And all the other towns that are on the other side of the barrier island towns. Like Port isabell etc... 

I really like the price per sqft in Houston. But don’t really like the big city life. The taxes are kinda steep too. I like the feel of the smaller fishing towns, but the business opportunities are limited and most of the houses are small. 

But you may have a new neighbor soon. 

Edited by DaBoys

40 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Well I’m going to cash out the crazy equity my house here in Bastrop has earned over the last two years, by selling. I want to upgrade. This house was a great starter for me and I appreciate it but it’s time. I rented a house by the lake here in Bastrop while I look for another place to buy.

@D82I’m thinking of going back to the gulf coast area. Maybe back to Corpus, or another bigger city like Houston, or something smaller like South Padre, or Matagorda. Ideally Port A, or Aransas Pass. And all the other towns that are on the other side of the barrier island towns. Like Port isabell etc... 

I really like the price per sqft in Houston. But don’t really like the big city life. The taxes are kinda steep too. I like the feel of the smaller fishing towns, but the business opportunities are limited and most of the houses are small. 

But you may have a new neighbor soon. 

Sweet! I don't recommend living in Galveston...things are ridiculously overpriced here. 

Check out Montgomery County, they have some nice rural areas...or shoot, even check out Santa Fe or Alvin. Those are the areas where the other half and I have been looking. We need something big, especially with kids and wanting to have land for a kennel, dogs, horses, etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Mare of Eastwood on HBO Max is good. 

It's really good. I'm sad that last night was the season finale. Hoping there will be a second.

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I always pictured Texas as being dry...why didn't you guys tell me it's more like a damn jungle down here with the rain and mosquitos? 

Texas is crazy huge. It has all kinds of different environments. Go West Texas and its basically a desert. Come to C Texas and its hills and lush green. Anything near HOU is basically a humid mosquito infestation. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Texas is crazy huge. It has all kinds of different environments. Go West Texas and its basically a desert. Come to C Texas and its hills and lush green. Anything near HOU is basically a humid mosquito infestation. 

Figures the man of my dreams would be in the worst part of Texas...

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Dallas is great, and so is Austin. Austin is more humid than Dallas, though. 

I really like the Dallas area, especially the outskirts. Want to try and talk him into moving up that way, but with his job I'm not sure we could (though he could get a job doing something similar up that way, just wouldn't be as easy/convenient). 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I really like the Dallas area, especially the outskirts. Want to try and talk him into moving up that way, but with his job I'm not sure we could (though he could get a job doing something similar up that way, just wouldn't be as easy/convenient). 

The city vibe between Austin and Dallas is pretty insane though. Austin you wear flipflops to work and if your employer is cool you can bring your dog. 

Dallas is suit, tie and a fake rolex. 

• Like 3