TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

20 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Katy is a really nice city as well. It’s west of Houston. Even though we aren’t in that area, wife and I thought about buying a house in The Woodlands just because we like that area so much.

Katy and Woodlands honestly shouldn’t even count as Houston. But they are pretty utopic if suburb life is what you’re after.

15 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Woodlands is fantastic. Would def live there. 

Spring isn't bad. Some amazing food. 

I think we've been in Spring a few times. Can't remember if we've ate there or not though. 

I loved The Woodlands, reminds me a lot of Bethesda/D.C. area back in MD. 

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I bought guns today, some solid defense ammo, and I have a 6.5 Lb bone-in pork butt that will be hitting the smoker tomorrow morning. I’m so happy with life right now.

What gun(s) did you get? 

59 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Sig P220 .45 and a Sig P226 Extreme 9mm.

I already have the P220 Legion in 10mm and the P226 Platinum Elite in 9mm and love them, so I bought more.

Oh wow. You’re a regular Navy Seal.

So...with Texas not requiring a concealed carry permit starting in September...how does that work with interstate travel? Will other states with concealed carry laws accept that or will we need to get something when traveling? 

12 hours ago, D82 said:

So...with Texas not requiring a concealed carry permit starting in September...how does that work with interstate travel? Will other states with concealed carry laws accept that or will we need to get something when traveling? 

Nope, Constitutional carry only applies to those in Texas and States that also have Constitutional carry laws. I still highly recommend getting the Utah out of state carry permit that’s recognized and honored in I think 35 states. 

This is why we needed a National Reciprocity on concealed carry, but Senate Majority  McConnell sat on it. It was passed in the House in 2019. At that time, President Trump said he would had signed the law if the Senate would have passed it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Nope, Constitutional carry only applies to those in Texas and States that also have Constitutional carry laws. I still highly recommend getting the Utah out of state carry permit that’s recognized and honored in I think 35 states. 

This is why we needed a National Reciprocity on concealed carry, but Senate Majority  McConnell sat on it. It was passed in the House in 2019. At that time, President Trump said he would had signed the law if the Senate would have passed it. 

There needs to be a National Reciprocity, for sure. 

Guess I'll still have to get a permit to carry since I travel a good bit.

8 hours ago, D82 said:

There needs to be a National Reciprocity, for sure. 

Guess I'll still have to get a permit to carry since I travel a good bit.

You’ll never see National Reciprocity. California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey will never allow it.

Edited by plan9misfit