TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

41 minutes ago, D82 said:

That Kia Carnival would be awesome, but did not want to swing that high of a payment right now. Eventually I plan on getting a Transit but that's further down the road. 

I had a Ford Flex company vehicle a few years ago.  The styling is love it or hate it but tons of space and for long distance trips it was like driving in your most comfortable living room arm chair.  Kia builds a solid vehicle.  My wife drives  a 2013 Forte 5.  Not a spot of trouble.  I've got a 2019 Mazda CX5.  Too small for your needs but it's a blast to drive and so far so good maintenance wise.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 4:00 PM, plan9misfit said:

Yeah, this is the second time they’ve completely botched a power problem in just the last 6-8 months. 

Well at least electric cars are available.    I mean great idea. National grid is crap, but let's charge our cars on the unstable grids that cant handle ac units.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Well at least electric cars are available.    I mean great idea. National grid is crap, but let's charge our cars on the unstable grids that cant handle ac units.

Electric cars are becoming awesome. 

Sucks you've allowed such a ****ty grid to exists, but don't attack the future because you've regressed further. 

Florida grid never failed because of temperate. It literally takes a cat3 or higher hurricane to slow our ac units. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Electric cars are becoming awesome. 

Sucks you've allowed such a ****ty grid to exists, but don't attack the future because you've regressed further. 

Florida grid never failed because of temperate. It literally takes a cat3 or higher hurricane to slow our ac units. 

Yeah...we never had issues with power in MD. It'd take a pretty strong storm to knock it out, and even then it was up again in a few hours at most. 

• Like 1

Got back from OKC on Sunday evening. Had a pretty good weekend out with the puppy. Picked up her 1st point toward her AKC CH (Conformation Champion) title, need 14 more. 

5Ub7Ayc.png

• Like 4

Today makes a week of my house being on the market and I finally got my first offer. It’s $25k under asking, but I think ima take it. My bills are getting out of hand paying for mortgage there and rent here, plus utilities for both. 

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Today makes a week of my house being on the market and I finally got my first offer. It’s $25k under asking, but I think ima take it. My bills are getting out of hand paying for mortgage there and rent here, plus utilities for both. 

The market is crazy right now. Fiancé and I were looking at places but just doesn't seem to be a great time to be house hunting.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

The market is crazy right now. Fiancé and I were looking at places but just doesn't seem to be a great time to be house hunting.

I was really hoping I’d be one of those houses that people offer over on and get multiple offers, but only one offer under after the first week. It seems to be popular on Zillow but hasn’t translated to offers yet. 

Still the market as you say, is crazy, and if I accept this offer $25k under, I still more than double what i paid for it in 2015. 

Looking a lot at the Conroe/ Willis/Spring/ lake Conroe area

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I was really hoping I’d be one of those houses that people offer over on and get multiple offers, but only one offer under after the first week. It seems to be popular on Zillow but hasn’t translated to offers yet. 

Still the market as you say, is crazy, and if I accept this offer $25k under, I still more than double what i paid for it in 2015. 

Conroe is pretty nice. We've been looking at Alvin/Santa Fe right now...but most likely Montgomery County is where we want to end up.

Florida is an INSANE sellers market right now. 

Impossible to find a decent deal to buy unless you buy pre-construction.

Apartment complexes here are at 98+% capacity too (people sell their houses for a major profit, but dont want to have to spend an outrageous amount to buy - lol).

CRAZY. Y'all go back to where you are from. We are full.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Why are you selling/moving? I think I remember you mentioned it a while back, but I thought you were just looking at options. 

How much and where is your house here in Austin? Ill keep my ear to the ground. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why are you selling/moving? I think I remember you mentioned it a while back, but I thought you were just looking at options. 

How much and where is your house here in Austin? Ill keep my ear to the ground. 

Basically because the improvements on my property are sub par and I’m ready for a big boy home. I mean, I was a first time home buyer in my 20s with very limited options. I chose this place because it had 8+ acres and a site built home. But the place was a dump. It was always supposed to be a live-in-flip. And with the market the way it is, I slapped makeup on the pig and put it up. I’m looking to capitalize on the market by moving to an area/market that isn’t quite as crazy as Austin is. Sell in Austin buy in Houston. Houston sucks but I wanna live in a nice house by a golf course for $450k. You can’t do that in Austin. 

45 miles from DT Austin 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/403-Pine-Valley-Loop-Smithville-TX-78957/84376409_zpid/

Edited by DaBoys