Myles Garrett vs. TJ Watt

BlaqOptic

Myles Garrett vs. TJ Watt  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Better Player/Who Would GMs Take?

• Garrett/Garrett
    • Garrett/Watt
    • Watt/Watt
    • Watt/Garrett

As a fan of a rival division team of both, I have said it before, but Watt has been better when I've watched. He's more versatile as a LB, rather than just a pure hand-down end of the line rusher, but is also equally good as a rusher. Watt plays on a much more talented front-7, but he's a spectacular individual athlete, too. He's honestly the guy I wanted the Ravens to draft when they were on the clock in 2017, so I've long been a fan of his game.

Honestly, I think people's evaluation of these two players is wildly influenced by what the were evaluated/hyped to be going into the draft. Just looking at what they have done in the NFL, Watt has the edge.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I do find it funny that this poll was close, slightly in Watt's favor until the run in Brown's fans...

Or maybe it's because TJ Watt is a stud, but Garrett is better.

I wish we could have NFL GM's polled on this one to see the overwhelming majority vote Garrett.

18 hours ago, lark25 said:

TJ Watt a freak athlete. A top 10 edge athlete in the league or close to.

Garrett is even freakier putting up similar numbers or slightly better with an extra 20lb. He might be the most physically talented edge guy in the league.

i think TJ might have better agility and has a mindset that guarantees success.

i think TJ is slightly better but Garrett is way more physically talented (and TJ is a freak too).

If watt faced double teams every play likes Myles he would only have 8or less sacks.

that is why Cleveland needs to sign Dupree next.

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

As a fan of a rival division team of both, I have said it before, but Watt has been better when I've watched. He's more versatile as a LB, rather than just a pure hand-down end of the line rusher, but is also equally good as a rusher. Watt plays on a much more talented front-7, but he's a spectacular individual athlete, too. He's honestly the guy I wanted the Ravens to draft when they were on the clock in 2017, so I've long been a fan of his game.

Honestly, I think people's evaluation of these two players is wildly influenced by what the were evaluated/hyped to be going into the draft. Just looking at what they have done in the NFL, Watt has the edge.

If either of these guys were a Raven I would honestly kill myself...

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Or maybe it's because TJ Watt is a stud, but Garrett is better.

I wish we could have NFL GM's polled on this one to see the overwhelming majority vote Garrett.

I have no issue with people thinking Garrett is better if they're unbiased; hence why I asked the question.

I do take issue when a clear influx of 3 or 4 Browns fans come in and influence the poll.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

If watt faced double teams every play likes Myles he would only have 8or less sacks.

that is why Cleveland needs to sign Dupree next.

The literal data posted in this thread proves this is false. The literal data also shows Watt has had a bigger impact on Dupree than vice-versa.

Dupree? He is mediocre dude. TJ has a 20% double team win rate, Dupree is a below avg pass rusher he’s the definition of a straight line athlete.

dupree needs to give Watt some his money, without him he’s probably not getting half that contract money

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

I have no issue with people thinking Garrett is better if they're unbiased; hence why I asked the question.

I do take issue when a clear influx of 3 or 4 Browns fans come in and influence the poll.

How is it influencing the polls? Because it’s not the result you wanted? 

Myles Garrett is widely considered to be better than TJ Watt. Not by some monumental margin, but very few people are taking Watt over Myles regardless of their fandom. So when Browns fans say Garrett over Watt...it’s lunacy? So what is it called when Pittsburgh fans vote for TJ Watt?

How dare Browns fans muddy up your poll by voting for the right answer!

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

The literal data posted in this thread proves this is false. The literal data also shows Watt has had a bigger impact on Dupree than vice-versa.

How come 3 people don't agree with you