HolmesPriest

Worth It?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Worth It?

• Yes
    • No
    • OMG WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!

21 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

He played like the best receiver in the playoffs and obviously has the talent to dominate when he wants to. 

xD  Apparently he "doesn't want to" very often.

Questionable move for a guy who has mostly done doodly squat his whole career, but I get wanting the continuity and didn't cost much. 

5 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I thought he was a vital cog in that well-oiled machine. Am I wrong? 

Hes an inconsistent piece, is the main issue. He was a huge playmaker in the postseason. A key piece in a handful of games. Barely present for a handful of others. Playoffs Sammy is worth it though, for sure.

It's a wise move for a team like KC to keep their roster as intact as possible from last year.  I've always thought that it is more than likely going to be the better teams who benefit from a shortened season, just like San Francisco did in the strike-shortened year when they won a Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, HolmesPriest said:

For my opinion I think it is worth it. Keeping these guys together especially with the unknowns of the off-season could bode well for them. All the receivers know most of the playbook, so a lot less learning curve in case training camp and activities get shortened up. 

Familiarity and knowledge of a system is going to be more important than ever if we get football at all this year. Watkins is a good player and this was a good move for KC.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sp6488 said:

So leverage would be:

1) They could have outright cut him and receiver market has been cold - he might be better staying in KC and making another run at better production

2) He could actually make more this year if he hits the incentives in the deal

1) He would have received 7 million from his guarantee had he been cut so he wouldn't have had to sign for much to make more elsewhere. A 3 million one year deal would have got him more than what he likely makes with the Chiefs this year.

2) We'll see, depends on the incentives but I doubt they are realistically reachable.

I think he just wanted to stay there and why not. It certainly doesn't look like a good financial decision but he can sign a decent long term deal next year and with the stay at home order he may get #1 money if Hill is living with anyone.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

1) He would have received 7 million from his guarantee had he been cut so he wouldn't have had to sign for much to make more elsewhere. A 3 million one year deal would have got him more than what he likely makes with the Chiefs this year.

2) We'll see, depends on the incentives but I doubt they are realistically reachable.

I think he just wanted to stay there and why not. It certainly doesn't look like a good financial decision but he can sign a decent long term deal next year and with the stay at home order he may get #1 money if Hill is living with anyone.

We made out like a bandit getting him to agree to this restructure. This tells me he loves playing here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

lol $16 million lmao. Dude hasn't even reached 700 yards in the last 4 years.

It's only $16M if he hits 65 catches, 800 yards, 8 TDs, and we reach the superbowl. If we're paying him $16M, he'll have earned it. If he doesn't earn it, he'll have taken a $5M pay cut.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Please stop ignorant trolling

• Like 1