Time travel: Stopping your team

Glen

I would have BB redo his entire 2006 draft, except Gostkowski.

They took Maroney when Addai, Jones-Drew and Deangelo Williams were on the board.

They took Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings and Brandon Marshall.

They took David Thomas over Delanie Walker and Owen Daniels.

In hindsight, it was a car crash.

The eagles traded up for mike mamula because he trained for the combine and did amazing.  Training for the combine wasnt a thing back then.

The bucs the team the eagles traded with only ended up with warren sapp and derrick brooks with the eagles traded picks.

Edited by ninjapirate

10 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Danny Watkins or Marcus Smith

Freddie Mitchell going back a decade

trading a 1st and 2nd  to take Jerome Mcdougle 

Kevin Kolb comes to mind

slightly before my time

Jon Harris in the 1st in 1997..with a HOF end like Jason Taylor going later

And the infamous Mike Mamula pick, where WE traded a 1st and 2nd to move up with Tampa to take him and they got Warren Sapp

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Rashard Mendenhall 

Not primarily because he ended up being a mediocre RB, but because of the sheer ignorance he has spread about the game of football during his post-career life.  

It was dumb enough for us to take him in the first round, but as a RB, he was balanced.  He had the tangibles, and could have been a good/reliable RB at most, but he just didn't want to play the game whatsoever.  

He has really went on more of a veiled tirade against football as a sport ever since he left the league, and he's just really a disgraceful human being.  

It's one thing to draft a player who just doesn't live up to the expectations.  It's another thing to draft and give a platform to a clown like him.  

Though I vehemently disagree with you about other things, I wholeheartedly agree with you about this. Rashard Mendenhall is a quitter and a faux intellectual, and I was offended by the aspersions he cast on the fans after the team (not the fans, the team) told him to get lost. The "I'm so deep and misunderstood" persona has always been insufferable to me. In this case, it just happens to be somebody who played for (and quit on) the Steelers.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Giovanni Carmazzi.

Just take the skinny, slow kid from Michigan

The skinny kid from UM would have sat the bench for a better part of four years in SF. Garcia was a better QB for the WCO.

Then, in 2004, Brady gets a chance. The 49ers win two more games to go 4-12, but they weren't winning any more than that even with Brady. Erickson is still fired, and Mike Nolan is HC.

In reality, they got the #1 pick all by themselves. In this world, though, they would have been tied with Miami and Cleveland for the #1 spot. If they still get it, they take Smith. If not, it depends on who picks ahead of them. Either way, I see them taking Smith or Rodgers, and Brady's days would have been numbered.

• Like 1

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

The skinny kid from UM would have sat the bench for a better part of four years in SF. Garcia was a better QB for the WCO.

Then, in 2004, Brady gets a chance. The 49ers win two more games to go 4-12, but they weren't winning any more than that even with Brady. Erickson is still fired, and Mike Nolan is HC.

In reality, they got the #1 pick all by themselves. In this world, though, they would have been tied with Miami and Cleveland for the #1 spot. If they still get it, they take Smith. If not, it depends on who picks ahead of them. Either way, I see them taking Smith or Rodgers, and Brady's days would have been numbered.

Don't you ruin my dream with realistic thoughts on a sensible progression of events that would have occurred!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pwny said:

Bryan Anger

Despite all the claims that we could have had Russell Wilson or TY Hilton, there’s no way Gene Smith would have gone with either of them. I’m sure we would have picked someone like Joe Adams, who would do nothing in the league. But at least the memes wouldn’t exist almost a decade later. 

Funny thing is Hilton came from a small school which was all he cared about later on