Time travel: Stopping your team

Glen

On 4/3/2020 at 9:49 PM, Glen said:

If you could stop your team from drafting one player throughout history, who would it be?

The trade  for Michael Vick. They would instead flounder in futility for 3 more years before drafting Philip Rivers. 

On 4/4/2020 at 8:39 AM, Xenos said:

Ryan Leaf. Not that we ever had a shot at Peyton. But we traded up to the #2 that year and probably could have stayed where we were still picked someone better.

Not drafting him would have been the best thing to happen. We could have gotten a separate bust at #3 and still not been up the river without a second round pick in 98 and our first in 99.

I mean ideally just with the picks we gave away we would have been the ones to have Moss/Culpepper and also Patrick Surtain. Damn you Bobby Beathard. 

• Like 1

2014 Draft. The Browns traded with the Bills out of the #4 spot. They had shots and passed on Kahlil Mack, Mike Evans, OBJ and Aaron Donald in favor of Justin Gilbert.

2011 Draft. The Browns traded with Falcons out of the #6 spot. They passed on Julio Jones in favor of Phil Taylor.

This is why I have PTSD whenever somebody mentions "The smart thing to do would be to trade down and add that other guy plus get another 2nd rounder"

On 04/04/2020 at 4:45 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

DrLJPpYUUAA3cdj.jpg

This picture perfectly encapsulates the 'Russell era' just a huge waste. However, the one I really regret is 2005 and taking the fastest CB Fabian Washington one pick before Aaron Rodgers. We had Kerry Collins at QB and drafted Andrew Walter instead 😁😁

On 4/4/2020 at 3:19 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

Rosen 

Who would have been the right choice? I mean, Derwin James is an option, but Budda is also extremely valuable and getting Derwin means no Budda, who's one of the only players in the league that can take on Kittle in man and win. I guess Minkah could have been a fair pick, too. Like, the only first-round lineman I like from that class was off the board already. Our original pick was what... Seventeen or so? So yeah. I guess Derwin James. Not really a right answer besides at S for the Cards in the first round of the 2018 draft.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:19 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm a Bears fan take a guess. 

You, got me there, homey. 

You really do.

-Not trading Wilbur Marshall?

-Not trading Willie Gault?

-Not firing Ditka after the Flutie fiasco in the '85 playoffs?

-Not firing Ditka after the McMahon fiasco in the '88 playoffs?

-Not drafting Dante Culpepper?

-Not drafting Randy Moss?

-Trading #12 for Rick Mirer?

-Trading down for Cade McClown?

-Drafting John Thierry? (NOT a 4-3 DE, as it turned out).

-Drafting A PUNTER with a second round pick?

-Trading down from a pick that could have been Eric Weddle--when we needed a safety--and netting two garbage players in return?

And, wow, my fingers are tired and we haven't even entered the Emery years. I've got plenty of time on my hands (like a lot of us here nowadays) but...YIKES! That was hella depressing. 

• Like 1