Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

On 5/18/2020 at 2:11 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If this is real, then the owners should have no problem completely opening their books and letting the players see.

(Spoiler alert: It's not real, and the EBITDA projection means nothing with how easy that is to manipulate. Especially for a business like MLB where amortization can influence so much of the on paper accounting.)

But... amortization is not a part of EBITDA...

at this point lets just skip the season. Owners will be able to take the short term hit, a good # of players will really be hurt by this. Theres a reasonable solution for both sides they should be able to come to, just fustrating that it isnt happening. players are going to look awful in this, and quite frankly people dont care enough about baseball where theyre guaranteed to come back  (viewership) if a year is missed. 

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Better than 0

exactly. Theres no real cost for a player to pay. Youre either getting paid or youre not. At this point, i would take a guess and say a majority of the country realizes that athletes in their 20-30s are so far away from the "danger zone" its laughable. Especially considering in a game like baseball where theres little to no physical contact and plenty of spacing between players. 

When snell or any other player say millions of dollars isnt enough, its a really bad look. I personally dont care what players make in a normal year, imo get every cent you can, but these arent normal times. The public is going to be against the players, very likely players will be against other players, just go to the table willing to negotiate a reasonable deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

exactly. Theres no real cost for a player to pay. Youre either getting paid or youre not. At this point, i would take a guess and say a majority of the country realizes that athletes in their 20-30s are so far away from the "danger zone" its laughable. Especially considering in a game like baseball where theres little to no physical contact and plenty of spacing between players. 

When snell or any other player say millions of dollars isnt enough, its a really bad look. I personally dont care what players make in a normal year, imo get every cent you can, but these arent normal times. The public is going to be against the players, very likely players will be against other players, just go to the table willing to negotiate a reasonable deal. 

Theyre all LTBIFB