Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If dome picked up on the claim yesterday, he would have hit malf lastnight. As i said before, they have a doomfist hit (but maybe it has a restriction, like only on even nights?).

Based on what you said about your ability, I think the doomfist hit is an unblockable hit, and there is no way he could get more than 1 of those. In the game his punch can go through shields so it would make sense that his hit is unblockable.

Alternatively, it could be a hit that is only unblockable if it's aimed at Tracer/Genji/Winston (the heroes he clowns in the trailer). I don't really believe that and I don't think it does us well to assume this vs assuming it's unblockable overall, but it's worth noting.  

I am going to be sporadic again for the night, I will be out of class at 8:35, might be able to check while I'm in class to change my vote.

I am not against a beezee lynch, BUT he plays OW. He is knowledgeable about it. It doesn't seem like mafia has someone with OW knowledge... However, he has also been pretty inactive so its' entirely possible he wasn't around last night or read up when they sent their hit in. Putting vote on him over Dome because I don't want it to come down to 2 people again and let mafia have any control on it. 

Just now, MathMan said:

I have a feeling a mafia member is on dome

domepatrol91 3 [ CWood21(101), james.mcmurry13 (105/117), RandyMossIsBoss(102) ]

I have a scum read on cwood, slight scummy on JMC and civ on RMIB. I do kinda believe that RMIB is right about the mafia not kno,wing the overwatch roles.

That said, JMC was the first to bring up that he thought the hit had been deflected. That could have been a frustration slip if he is mafia. Im not sure how to read it.

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I have a feeling a mafia member is on dome

domepatrol91 3 [ CWood21(101), james.mcmurry13 (105/117), RandyMossIsBoss(102) ]

I'm almost certain it's JMac. I've been iffy on him all game. Not the typical JMac I remember playing with way back. But I also had an absolute terrible D1 and game for that matter.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Yes. Am I being dumb? Your vote count has some people purple and some a greenish color..

No, that was my mistake. The "Code" widget allows you to colorize the code based on the language it was written in, for instance Java:

public class Main {
  public static void main(String[] args) {
    System.out.println("A really stupid example of Java code");
  }
}

It defaults to HTML:

<p>
  I <b>hate</b> writing bare HTML.
</p>

There's a setting to turn it to no formatting but I forgot it that one time. Trying to make the thread more tidy and a better place can be a challenge when the world doesn't align right.

Just now, MathMan said:

I wouldn't mind a lynch on james.

Matts/bucs/Rag/Woz --> What say you

I wouldnt mind it either. But I think its less logical. JMC is actually playing the game. More chances for slips and what not. beezee is not contributing at all and his post is screaming that "mad mafia, i dont like why im getting lynched" vide. 

7 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

I'm getting completely on board with Malf and JFin being in chat.zy together.

Lions is all over half all game.

23 hours ago, utley4568 said:

I'm watching Malf. This feels like sporadic civ malf.

White knighting

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

My initial gut feeling on Malf is civ.

See above.

21 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

Malf needs to be the next lynch, and I think he knows he's going to be the lynch. 

More half.

22 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

If you're not voting for Malf, you don't want to win. 

And more.

22 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

Malf

#1 biggest information lynch.

Technically a reason.

23 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

Dome, Malf and Bucs... those three give the most information if we find out what they are.

More half.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:11 PM, utley4568 said:

I actually think Malf is civ Malf. He's being super active and speculative, which he tends to avoid as mafia.

Not sure about Lions, he's right about his most recent post. Mafia have an advantage to calling out a known civ for an edit. Obviously all three wouldn't be mafia, unless they're just really dumb. I'm gonna go with Ragnarok for now. He got ultra defensive when he was first mentioned.

More white knighting, but with a reason.  

On 9/27/2017 at 2:29 PM, utley4568 said:

That's fine. But since I'm fairly openly telling you what I am and how I can help, it's more than "Malf led a BW on a civ." 

Seems to change his tune when he gets a chance.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:35 AM, theuntouchable said:

Ew. I'm sorry malf but this post stinks

I decided this post doesn't mean much to me.

On 9/26/2017 at 6:54 PM, CWood21 said:

Was geting a bit of a mafia stink from Malf, but he's too valuable as a civ to kill of D1.  I'm okay with a KSJ lynch D1.  As for Woz, I'd like to chalk this whole thing up to him being a newb.  IF he were in the [spam], you'd have to think he'd be getting coached up.

Second white knighting-ish post.  And then goes for the inactive lynch.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:30 AM, LionsFTW said:

Well you should do it again if you think I'm mafia. 

Malf... clear me. 

And a full 180 again?

Sorry, I can't figure out the formatting  and searching here, so I just went through posts with malf in them.  

I didn't include jfin comments because they're so spastic I want to say they almost have to be town.  I don't see scum go after a townie the way he did that quick.

Lions back and forth comes across as sketchy.  I'd appreciate a bit of an explanation.

Utley comes across as slightly scummy.

CWood looks bad here.  Uses value as a reason to not lynch someone he is getting mafia stink from and immediately goes for an inactive.  Then he retroactively says that his initial gut feeling on half was civ.  Which is not what he said at all initially.

Unless I missed some posts.

Wood

ACTIVE VOTE		HISTORICAL VOTE
11sanchez11		MathMan(87)
beezee			Mookie Monster(121)	Jlash(107)
bucsfan333		beezee(124)		domepatrol91(109), kingseanjohn(106), MathMan(88)
CWood21			domepatrol91(101)	kingseanjohn(101), MathMan(86)
james.mcmurry13		domepatrol91(117, rpt)	domepatrol91(105)
jfinley88		<<barred from voting>>	jfinley88(103, yes), Woz(103), thelawoffices(93), CWood21(90), jfinley88(87, yes)
LionsFTW		beezee(125)		thelawoffices(123), MathMan(85)
MathMan			beezee(125)		Tk3 (119)m mission27(113), kingseanjohn(106), domepatrol91(104), jfinley88(103),
						domepatrol91(102), beezee(97), CWood21(95), thelawoffices(93), CWood21(90)
Matts4313		beezee(126)		CWood21(91)
mission27		CWood21(95)
Ragnarok		beezee(107)
RandyMossIsBoss		beezee(128)		domepatrol(102)
theuntouchable		kingseanjohn(126)	kingseanjohn(106)
Tk3			james.mcmurry13(87)
utley4568		MathMan(85)
Woz			beezee(126)		mission27(122)

beezee		7 [ bucsfan333(109), LionsFTW(125), MathMan(125), Matts4314(91), Ragnarok(107), RandyMossIsBoss(128), Woz(122) ]
domepatrol91	3 [ CWood21(101), james.mcmurry13 (105/117) ]
MathMan		2 [ 11sanchez11(87), utley4568(85) ]
CWood21		1 [ mission27(95) ]
james.mcmurry13	1 [ Tk3(87) ]
kingseanjohn	1 [ theuntouchable(106/126) ]
Mookie Monster	1 [ beezee(121) ]

rpt = repeat of existing vote
yes = yes, he voted for himself

Updating with jfinley88's vote bar (thanks for the reminder, MathMan) and RandyMossIsBoss's switch to beezee.

Archived