First Round Scenarios

Brit Pack

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I feel like people always say that, but Day 3 of the NFL draft is mind-numbingly boring. 

Well, ok. For me, most of the prospects I like this year are in rounds 6 and 7. 

The guys I like may not pan out (they are 6th and 7ths after all), and they will certainly lack something (experience, gaudy stats, height/weight/speed, low-level of competition, injury, etc). Nevertheless, i am interested in them.

Guys like:
WR Jeff Thomas
ILB Mykal Walker
OT Jon Runyan
RB Reggie Corbin
RB JaMycal Hasty
TE Jacob Breeland
G/T Yasir Durant
G Gage Cervenka
CB Nevelle Clarke

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol I'll be glued to my TV for day 3. 

You watch to see the picks, not the "breakdowns" of prospects.  They report like 5 picks at a time and really only one player gets a breakdown.  Half of the picks are made while they're on commercial break.

OTC with an article about the GMs and how they move around, including Das Gute
They break it down into various categories,  up, down, all around or not much at all

https://overthecap.com/analyzing-draft-trades-current-gm-trends/

Brian Gutekunst, Green Bay Packers (3 Up, 1 Down). It is very early in his tenure, but Gutekunst has certainly broken off from the traditional Packers mold, being aggressive in free agency and making big first-round Trade-Ups in his first two seasons. Gutekunst had a slam dunk Trade-Down with the Saints in 2018 that netted an extra 1st in 2019 along with pick No. 24. He promptly moved back up and nabbed Jaire Alexander at No. 18 overall. He followed that up with a move up to No. 21 in 2019 to take Darnell Savage. Long story short, Gutekunst isn’t going to just wait around for his picks.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 10:30 AM, CWood21 said:

You watch to see the picks, not the "breakdowns" of prospects.  They report like 5 picks at a time and really only one player gets a breakdown.  Half of the picks are made while they're on commercial break.

And it seems like they seldom break down the Packers picks. Although, this is mostly 3rd round and on. 

9 hours ago, Leader said:

A "complaint" I had about TT.  He seemed to stay "too pat" for a team continually drafting in the upper tier.

Can you explain what you mean by 'upper tier' ? Is it 
a) High in the draft (the earlier picks).
b) Later in the draft (towards the end of the round picks).
c) the early part of (as you perceive it) a particular tier of players, all similarly valued.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Can you explain what you mean by 'upper tier' ? Is it 
a) High in the draft (the earlier picks).
b) Later in the draft (towards the end of the round picks).
c) the early part of (as you perceive it) a particular tier of players, all similarly valued.

No need to break it down so severely. I rattled off that post in about 10 seconds.
The thought I was conveying was I found TT didnt move up for talent frequently. Did he do it? Yes - it wasnt an absolute statement - but he did it sparingly IMO. The "upper tier" aspect wasnt meaning moving into the top ten or something. Those moves should (and do) happen infrequently.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

No need to break it down so severely. I rattled off that post in about 10 seconds.
The thought I was conveying was I found TT didnt move up for talent frequently. Did he do it? Yes - it wasnt an absolute statement - but he did it sparingly IMO. The "upper tier" aspect wasnt meaning moving into the top ten or something. Those moves should (and do) happen infrequently.

Ah, so you are saying he let the draft come to him too often......... and if he did trade it was usually down. Does that cover it ?

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

Ah, so you are saying he let the draft come to him too often......... and if he did trade it was usually down. Does that cover it ?

Yes. As I've said in the past: he seemed content to sit on the ocean floor and wait till food drifted down to him - rather than swimming up.

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Jaire, Matthews, Casey Hayward, Morgan Burnett were move-ups that worked

Spriggs, Burks did not

Too soon to say on Savage

Moved back for:

Kevin King looks like a winner
Eddie Lacy was a short move back
Jordy Nelson

others ?

I’m illiterate.

Edited by deathstar

8 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Jaire, Matthews, Casey Hayward, Morgan Burnett were move-ups that worked

Spriggs, Burks did not

Too soon to say on Savage

Moved back for:

Kevin King looks like a winner
Eddie Lacy was a short move back
Jordy Nelson

others ?

Could technically add Jaire to the move back list as well.

Brett Hundley was a trade up.