Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

So Liverpool finally shored up their CB position after Matip went down (and were down to zero senior CBs). We got Ben Davies from Preston and Ozan Kabak from Schalke. Davies on a $2M deal and Kabak on loan with $18M option to buy. Unsure of either, but I know we've liked Kabak for a bit. Still bringing in 2 guys for $1.5M upfront is impressive, considering how desperate we were. We'll see how they fair.

5 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

So Liverpool finally shored up their CB position after Matip went down (and were down to zero senior CBs). We got Ben Davies from Preston and Ozan Kabak from Schalke. Davies on a $2M deal and Kabak on loan with $18M option to buy. Unsure of either, but I know we've liked Kabak for a bit. Still bringing in 2 guys for $1.5M upfront is impressive, considering how desperate we were. We'll see how they fair.

I keep seeing Liverpool is going after that kid Gordon from Derby. Whats happening on that front? Read a week ago 2 million would nab him. But no real movement.

48 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

From what I understand it's basically done, but you're right I can't find it confirmed. Is he any good?

I have no clue. But the teams that were after him are the biggest names in the world. And Rooney says hes the real deal and can light it up. Have to take that for what its worth. But the attention is crazy, even more than that 16yo with BVB is drawing.

Ligue 1 failed to resell tv rights. Couldnt find anyplace willing to meet the reserve price. Announcement 1 day after the transfer window closes.

Wonder how things would look if that news broke a week or so sooner. Fire sales? This summer should be interesting. Ligue 1 is stacked with youth to poach.

On 2/2/2021 at 11:17 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Ligue 1 failed to resell tv rights. Couldnt find anyplace willing to meet the reserve price. Announcement 1 day after the transfer window closes.

Wonder how things would look if that news broke a week or so sooner. Fire sales? This summer should be interesting. Ligue 1 is stacked with youth to poach.

Mbappe to Leicester confirmed. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

The issue with Watford last time around wasn’t a lack of talent, it was that their boardroom is a mess.

Have they fixed anything? Cause from what I saw. Louza had his choice between a few different teams. And chose Watford because of manager Munoz.

On 6/5/2021 at 9:12 AM, Johnthejetsfan said:

Looks like we might be in the drivers seat for Emi Buendia

All signs point to him having chosen you guys.  But now if there's truth to the reports of you lot eyeing up Ward-Prowse from Sou'ton too, that would pretty much have to mean you'll be cashing in and selling Grealish - and one of him or Kane are likely going to end up a City, I'd bet.