Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

Maybe his movement skills aren't what they used to be, and I question how much of a shift he'll put in pressing opponents, but he is still Ronaldo. He's going to score a ton of goals. The top 4 is incredible competition this season, I can't wait 

Oregon is right though, they didn't need him tbh. They need a DM lol

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Isn’t that more than United paid for him from Swansea? Lmao, how on Earth did they pull that off?

We were never gonna sell him for less than we bought him for. He's an international and proven Premier League player with multiple years left on his contract. 

Leeds are getting a very good young, hard working player and basically a pace/press machine. I think he is going to do well with them. I would have rather kept him than Lingard. 

27 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Good signing by Mardid for that fee... he had down year, but I think he is going to be world-class in a few years. Sad I really wanted him for United, but he had his heart set for Madrid. 

He didn’t actually have a down year. Played a different role in a different system. His defensive numbers were down but his attack numbers were better.

Hell of a signing by RM.

A very respected football writer who I like, Johnathan Wilson (wrote 'Inverting the Pyramid') thinks the Ronaldo signing is stupid. 

- Will stunt the development of Greenwood

- Will force Pogba further back and we saw against Wolves that it doesn't work when PP plays deeper, they were overrun

- Doesn't work well with Bruno, we have evidence of this

- He didn't make Juve better, or more specifically, they actually regressed in the CL and won fewer Serie A titles relatively when he was there vs before he arrived

- He will score his 20+ goals against most of the teams, but his arrival doesn't move them any closer to PL champs

- Old Trafford is just becoming a MUFC Theme Park now....

hehe

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

what are they doing?

Asking for Chelsea to meet the release clause if they want Kounde.  In the last couple of days a few English journalists have characterised it as Sevilla arbitrarily increasing the asking price

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Asking for Chelsea to meet the release clause if they want Kounde.  In the last couple of days a few English journalists have characterised it as Sevilla arbitrarily increasing the asking price

We agreed on a price with them, and in doing so went forward with selling Kurt Zouma to West Ham to make room for Kounde.

We come back to the table to complete the deal, and Monchi wants €15m more. I can't understand how that is seen as anything less than negotiating in bad faith. Marina is correct to stand firm 

You can dispute the English reports, which I am realizing is part and parcel of how this chat operates, but respected Italian reporter Gianluca Di Marzio was part of those reports, would love to hear you say he's disreputable