Sleepers

Humble_Beast

I can't sleep so here comes a sleeper list. This thread is a place to discuss Day 3 and UDFAs. Most of the talk in the draft thread is about the 1sr rounders, and 3rd rounders. Makes sense since they will likely have a higher impact, but who are your sleepers. Here's some of mine, I'll try to explain why I like them when time permits. I feel in the other thread, talking about late round picks was being overlooked

QB- Cole Mcdonald 

RB- DeeJay Dallas, Javon Leake, Partrick Taylor 

WR- MARQUEZ CALLAWAY, Jeff Thomas, Quez Watkins , George Campbell, DARNELL MOONEY, ISAIAH COULTER, James Proche

TE- DEVIN ASIASI - could be this years Andrew James solid UCLA UDFA  , Juwan Johnson

T- Trey Adams 

G-  Tommy Kraemer 

DE- Trevis Gipson

DT- MCTELVIN AGIM

LB- Mykal Walker, Joe Bachie 

CB- Essang Bassey 

S- JR Reed 

K- JONATHAN SONG 

who do you guys like as sleepers?

Edited by Humble_Beast

26 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Drue Tranquill, a two-time  Notre Dame captain.  Injuries and switching positions (  went from safety to linebacker )  hampered his production.  There’s just something about him a hard-working overachiever.

He was drafted by the Chargers last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Why do so many people have Trey Adams as a sleeper/late round guy? Isn't he a first round talent that gets bumped to maybe the 3rd off injury concerns?

I think you answered your own questions. Trey Adams was at one point seen as the potential top T in college football. Injuries to his back and knee took a toll on his athletic ability. He looked bad all of 2019. He had a miserable combine, looked completely out of shape and his stock couldn't be any lower. I don't think he gets drafted at all.

Calling him a sleeper is misguided, because people know what he used to be. Only if he regains that form does he make it in the NFL.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think you answered your own questions. Trey Adams was at one point seen as the potential top T in college football. Injuries to his back and knee took a toll on his athletic ability. He looked bad all of 2019. He had a miserable combine, looked completely out of shape and his stock couldn't be any lower. I don't think he gets drafted at all.

Calling him a sleeper is misguided, because people know what he used to be. Only if he regains that form does he make it in the NFL.

I don’t think he gets drafted, and didn’t heal last his injuries. Could be a talented UDFA who needs a year on a practice squad to get right 

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

Why do so many people have Trey Adams as a sleeper/late round guy? Isn't he a first round talent that gets bumped to maybe the 3rd off injury concerns?

Adams broke the 5.4 rule.  That alone will probably knock him done a few rounds.  The success rate for players that run slower than a 5.4 40 is incredibly low.  Same thing happened to Vadal Alexander and Denver Kirkland from Arkansas.  Both were thought of as mid round picks but Alexander went in the 7th and Kirkland undrafted.  

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Adams broke the 5.4 rule.  That alone will probably knock him done a few rounds.  The success rate for players that run slower than a 5.4 40 is incredibly low.  Same thing happened to Vadal Alexander and Denver Kirkland from Arkansas.  Both were thought of as mid round picks but Alexander went in the 7th and Kirkland undrafted.  

I don't think he was healed? Would worth a shot at 7th rounder or UDFA