Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

8 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Being serious...COVID and the media has f****** with a lot of people's minds.  That could be contributing to his loose screw and now he's working out in a gym maybe he's feeling a little more sense of normalcy.

This quarantine is going to go down as one of the biggest mistakes ever.

Was it the quarantine that made him act like a baby last October too?

that was a red flag IMO

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Yeah not gonna lie i hate this example haha. The way baseball contracts are set up and baseball career lifespans are is just a completely different world than football ones. 

IMO a big reason Kyler Murray went into football over baseball is due to earning potential and expedience of such. Russell Wilson also. 

You're missing the point though.

Its not comparing sports. Its comparing how players handle contracts. Lets also not act like SS is like RB where he is considered washed up at age 27. Some of the highest paid S in the NFL right now are well over 30. So its not as if his window is small to get a big deal (keep in mind he was a high draft pick and has already received nearly 18mill and will get nearly 9mill more on his 5th year option). I'd hardly say that making 27mill in 5 years is "hurting" for money.

My comparison is that how guys making WAY less than him that are equally or even more talented than him in his sport or in other sports arent and havent done what he is doing. He is dead wrong. And history shows that. Name me a guy in another sport who threw this fit with 2 years left on their contract that was already getting paid decently?

• Like 2

Chris Jones is on the franchise tag right now.  His situation is akin to Bell's in Pittsburgh.

Nothing even close to analagous to what Jamal is doing with 2 full years left on his contract.  

Not even remotely close situations before anyone compares.  

• Like 4

Just a thought....what if these guys are banking on the NFL not having a season this year and are saying they will sit out with the chance there isn't a season to begin with.  They may think it's a good tactic to see if they can get extra money without actually having to sit out the season.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Just a thought....what if these guys are banking on the NFL not having a season this year and are saying they will sit out with the chance there isn't a season to begin with.  They may think it's a good tactic to see if they can get extra money without actually having to sit out the season.

I mean I guess there's a side to that argument from a signing bonus standpoint. But if there's no season they don't get paid. Whether they make 20 mill per season or 400k per season.

29 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I don't think it is a good move.  If the season is wiped out, everything in salary cap will postpone to next season meaning NFL teams already have cap issue right now will be in unchanged situation.  No playing for 2 years isn't an ideal strategy for players. 

Losing the season may make players edgy because they won't see new and fatter contract until maybe 3 years later. Factor age in that situation.  It is really sticky situation for both players and teams.  

Still, I won't rule this tactic out because they try something new to see if they get gold or not.

50 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

If there is no season would the year even count as service time?

No, but let's say a player talks about holding out to get a new contract this offseason. They can still receive a nice signing bonus from the new contract and not worry about having to collect game checks.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why?

Cause I feel we would have been a bottom 10 defense without him. He plays hard studies hard works hard.. what’s his worst offense he tried to get paid when he thought he had the leverage ... that’s just business ... he’s our best pass rusher ... best coverage man ... calls out and reads plays for the defense. Personally It’d be insane to let him go ... either make him wait a year for a contract or pay him. If he takes a contract from now it’ll be cheaper than other people’s in the future ... and he’s well worth it

we should reward excellence not get rid of it

Edited by KBS756
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Cause I feel we would have been a bottom 10 defense without him. He plays hard studies hard works hard.. what’s his worst offense he tried to get paid when he thought he had the leverage ... that’s just business ... he’s our best pass rusher ... best coverage man ... calls out and reads plays for the defense. Personally It’d be insane to let him go ... either make him wait a year for a contract or pay him. If he takes a contract from now it’ll be cheaper than other people’s in the future ... and he’s well worth it

we should reward excellence not get rid of it

I agree we should pay Jamal but there is no reason to now.  I think you would agree Patrick Mahomes has had a greater impact on his team then Jamal on ours, right?  Same draft class.  Not signed early.  Rest my case.  Next year is appropriate.  

• Like 1