Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Lol so you either dont think much of LSU as a school or you actually think Jamal Adams is smart in which case....LUCY ESSSSPLAIN.

LSU isn't exactly the bastion of scholastic excellence.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/louisiana-state-university-baton-rouge-2010

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/montclair-state-university-2617/overall-rankings

Note: Not saying Montclair is a bad school, just showing how LSU compares to some random school in North Jersey with a national ranking.

• Like 1

I want to use another sport as an example as to how wrong Adams is.

Let's look at Aaron Judge for example.

He was a 1st rounder drafted by the Yankees in 2013 and received a 1.8mill signing bonus. He made is MLB debut in 2016 and since has averaged around 500k per season. Yes the guy that should've won the MVP of the whole AL was only making 500k. Did we hear him complain and all? No. He is now getting paid 8.5mill this season (if there was a whole season) in his 1st year of arbitration. He has technically 2 more years of arbitration too before he's an UFA. Adams in 3 years has already made more than that of Judge in 7 years.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He was a 1st rounder drafted by the Yankees in 2013 and received a 1.8mill signing bonus. He made is MLB debut in 2016 and since has averaged around 500k per season. Yes the guy that should've won the MVP of the whole AL was only making 500k. Did we hear him complain and all? No. He is now getting paid 8.5mill this season (if there was a whole season) in his 1st year of arbitration. He has technically 2 more years of arbitration too before he's an UFA. Adams in 3 years has already made more than that of Judge in 7 years.

As much as this pains me, comparing a baseball player player to a defensive FB player is not right.  JA's issue is that he plans on getting hurt, like Dad, and missing out on his big payday.  Baseball players rarely suffer career ending injuries, sans pitchers.  But I understand your point.  Finish your rookie contract, at least the first 4 years, then ask for a raise.  JA is doing this all ***-backwards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xrade said:

As much as this pains me, comparing a baseball player player to a defensive FB player is not right.  JA's issue is that he plans on getting hurt, like Dad, and missing out on his big payday.  Baseball players rarely suffer career ending injuries, sans pitchers.  But I understand your point.  Finish your rookie contract, at least the first 4 years, then ask for a raise.  JA is doing this all ***-backwards.

My point is he has a contract to honor, even if he has outplayed it. I'm using an example how in nearly every other sport (and even his own bc barely anyone in his draft class has gotten an extension) players outplay there contract and don't do what he's doing. IMO anyone who thinks he should be rewarded now doesn't understand the financial aspect of the pro sports.

15 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes exactly.  If Jamal was Landon Collins talent or lower then you can justify it not being worth it.  But he's the best Safety in the league and a special player.  We are not the Pats or Bill Belichick with multiple rings.  We are desperate for talent and success.  For once we need to make it work for a star player.

One who wants out no matter what?   That is both desperate and pathetic.  But I get that.  I'm a Jets fan too so desperate and pathetic ideas can seem wise. 

Shake it off.  

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly wondering if he’s ok mentally. AB I think still has talent, but he took some bad shots before he kind of went off the deep end. My theory is he has a brain injury that altered is mental health.

Im not ruling this out for Adams. And this isn’t a joke.

Too far IMO. Jamal is the same guy who routinely stays after practice to greet fans & is very well liked around the league (Which doesn't happen just by being good at football).  Childish & egotistical? Without question, but not to the extent of a legitimate mental disorder. 

Agree that AB took a turn for the worse after repeated head trauma, but he was always off to begin with. Some of the stories Ryan Clark has shared are evidence of that..I.e running around practice yelling at coaches "Don't touch me I'm the franchise" 

6 hours ago, xrade said:

If we paid everyone before they got hurt we’d be idiots. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xrade said:

Did they not “clear the air” after JA melted down because JD did his job and listened to offers?  That “clearing” lasted a few months. This kid has a screw loose and nothing is going to make him stop acting like a little ***** until he is off this team.  He is Antonio Brown without the off-field issues, YET.

Yup .. that is why I ended my post with.... Doubt it.  

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is he has a contract to honor, even if he has outplayed it. I'm using an example how in nearly every other sport (and even his own bc barely anyone in his draft class has gotten an extension) players outplay there contract and don't do what he's doing. IMO anyone who thinks he should be rewarded now doesn't understand the financial aspect of the pro sports.

Exactly.  Each sport has a system for the financials.  Frankly in most sports the vets end up being over paid at some point. Baseball is really the best model for that .. Pujols is a great example of being under paid as compared to perform while in St. Louis and being grossly overpaid as compared to perform in LA. 

I do recognize that NFL players have a lower life span and a chance to get seriously injured before a big pay day.  But this is not Jamal frankly.  He is going to bring in over $12 million the next two years on top of the guaranteed money he received his first 3 years (I know his actual check this year might not reflect 3.5 mil since he too a lot up front).  Yes he will get a nice pay day on his second contract.  

He has gone bonkers and not recognized how to go about this pay day.  Very sad actually because if the Jets just play this out (and i hope they do) - he will act more and more crazy and diminish his value to the entire league.  

Being serious...COVID and the media has f****** with a lot of people's minds.  That could be contributing to his loose screw and now he's working out in a gym maybe he's feeling a little more sense of normalcy.

This quarantine is going to go down as one of the biggest mistakes ever.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah not gonna lie i hate this example haha. The way baseball contracts are set up and baseball career lifespans are is just a completely different world than football ones. 

IMO a big reason Kyler Murray went into football over baseball is due to earning potential and expedience of such. Russell Wilson also. 

Edited by Colt45fool
  • Like 1