2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

15 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Maybe I just really like this draft class, but I would swing in R3 3 times before moving to the late 2nd round. The WR depth, OT depth and CB depth is very nice. Albeit the CB depth doesn't last past R3 IMO. 

Cushenberry, Hennessy, Niang, Wanogho, and Hunt are all projected to go somewhere between 55-75. Odds are one of them slips to 3.77, but maybe you wanna bundle 3.83 and 3.95 to get your choice of them? If you get your WR and CB with your top 2 picks without moving, I could see it. 

im hyped for tonight boys. as a cable cutter i have to stream espn to my tv through my laptop so i wont be super actively posting from my phone but this is the most ive locked into a draft in years. it's like im back in high school again.

told my gf to please not expect me to look away from my dual screens for 5 hours or so tonight. just bought a 12 pack and some whiskey. we're ready to rock 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

In this column that I read today, Klis says that we need to get another pick in the first or second round.

That can be obtained one of three ways - one, trading a future 1st (highly unlikely), trading down from #15 (possible) or packaging two of the thirds for an extra second (probable).

Indy, Miami, Seattle, Minnesota and the L.A. Rams all have multiple second round picks. Anyone think that such a move is possible? Using this chart, our three thirds are valued at 205, 175 and 120, meaning pairing any two gets us a maximum of 380 points (#52, LAR) to a minimum of 295 (#61, TEN). 

I’ve heard this a couple times - from Klis, Mason, others.  I think you may find it’s a combination of all three of the above options (although in this case “trading a future pick” vs “trading a future 1st round pick”.  I think there is a more than 50/50 chance they trade down from 15 to between 18 and 25.  They take a receiver or CB there (Fulton Terrell, Mims, Jefferson, Reagor).  Then they use the extra capital from that, as well as one/two of the thirds, or maybe even a future 2nd or 3rd, to move back into the early second.  

I really think Denver wants 3 picks in the top 50.  Elway hit it big last year with FANT, Risner, and Lock, and I think he is trying to recreate that this year. 

26 minutes ago, champ11 said:

im hyped for tonight boys. as a cable cutter i have to stream espn to my tv through my laptop so i wont be super actively posting from my phone but this is the most ive locked into a draft in years. it's like im back in high school again.

told my gf to please not expect me to look away from my dual screens for 5 hours or so tonight. just bought a 12 pack and some whiskey. we're ready to rock 

Same here, haven't done anything "fun in months".  Had a weird craving for White Russians so got my vodka and kaluha and am not planning on making that zoom meeting tomorrow morning

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, champ11 said:

If you have a fire stick I think the NFL app is planning on streaming the draft tonight

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

In this column that I read today, Klis says that we need to get another pick in the first or second round.

That can be obtained one of three ways - one, trading a future 1st (highly unlikely), trading down from #15 (possible) or packaging two of the thirds for an extra second (probable).

Indy, Miami, Seattle, Minnesota and the L.A. Rams all have multiple second round picks. Anyone think that such a move is possible? Using this chart, our three thirds are valued at 205, 175 and 120, meaning pairing any two gets us a maximum of 380 points (#52, LAR) to a minimum of 295 (#61, TEN). 

That is the kind of trade up I would be happy with.

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

In general trading future 1s in the draft is a recipe for disaster.  However, considering the current pandemic and the college football season up in the air (a friend of mine coaches college football and said current word going around isn’t optimistic on being able to start on time) this may be the year to do it.

Gil Brandt has commented on how difficult next years draft would be if the season doesn’t happen or is significantly shortened.  It very likely may be that NFL teams will have a far better hit rate this year than they will next. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Klis was just on The Fan and said Kenneth Murray is a real possibility tonight. I never thought he’d be a real option for us and off-ball LB is not a position Elway has ever drafted highly but this is from the mouthpiece. Smokescreen? Conjecture? Or reality? 

Nightmare. 

10 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Klis was just on The Fan and said Kenneth Murray is a real possibility tonight. I never thought he’d be a real option for us and off-ball LB is not a position Elway has ever drafted highly but this is from the mouthpiece. Smokescreen? Conjecture? Or reality? 

Hopefully later in round 1 if true