2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

Kenneth Murray reminds me of a more twitchy Nate Irving. I don't see anything about him that screams top 15 pick when there are guys like Jordy Brooks, Joe Bachie, Logan Wilson, Willie Gay Jr and Malik Harrison later on. And that isn't even looking at the more coverage oriented guys like Davion Taylor and ADG. 

20 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Klis was just on The Fan and said Kenneth Murray is a real possibility tonight. I never thought he’d be a real option for us and off-ball LB is not a position Elway has ever drafted highly but this is from the mouthpiece. Smokescreen? Conjecture? Or reality? 

I can’t remember where I read this, The Athletic maybe, but there are scouts that have Murray ahead of Roquan Smith who went top 10 a few years back. 

50 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Klis was just on The Fan and said Kenneth Murray is a real possibility tonight. I never thought he’d be a real option for us and off-ball LB is not a position Elway has ever drafted highly but this is from the mouthpiece. Smokescreen? Conjecture? Or reality? 

Man, this is one pick that I’d be really underwhelmed with. 

I see the merit on both sides regarding Simmons. That said, he's a guy I want to keep in space. You tuck him in the middle and good teams will run right at him, get him in the thick of the scrum. At that point all the athletic freakishness he's got is negated.

IMO he'd be insane as a FS. Bigger, faster version of Atwater. You can even play him the same way, in or out of the box and he'd be an OC's nightmare. A guy you need to account for every play but never quite know where he'll be.

12 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I see the merit on both sides regarding Simmons. That said, he's a guy I want to keep in space. You tuck him in the middle and good teams will run right at him, get him in the thick of the scrum. At that point all the athletic freakishness he's got is negated.

IMO he'd be insane as a FS. Bigger, faster version of Atwater. You can even play him the same way, in or out of the box and he'd be an OC's nightmare. A guy you need to account for every play but never quite know where he'll be.

Now that I would definitely be intrigued by. "The Simmons Bros." would be such a gifted safety tandem. 

• Like 1

I just don't understand the idea that Simmons is not tough enough in run support to be a 3-4 ILB. Do we forget that Woodyard and Trevathan were both much smaller guys than him? One was seen as a WLB only, the other a tweener safety, and both showed to be absolutely great 3-4 ILB's. 

Do people forget how good Ryan Frazier was as a 3-4 ILB? He was very similar in size to Simmons (6'1 237 vs 6'3 239). Fred Warner is arguably the top young 3-4 ILB in the NFL and is 6'3 235lbs.