2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

Scratching my head at that Tyrie Cleveland pick TBH but overall very pleased with this draft. It's clear that some of the picks that seem poor value are just the coaching staff getting "their guys," which I'm happy about as long as they contribute long-term. 

But 3x WRs? Hmmm

Just now, Zukhyubern said:

Scratching my head at that Tyrie Cleveland pick TBH but overall very pleased with this draft. It's clear that some of the picks that seem poor value are just the coaching staff getting "their guys," which I'm happy about as long as they contribute long-term. 

But 3x WRs? Hmmm

Yeah wasn’t expecting it, but Denver’s WRs heading into the draft were really that bad. 

Denver now has what looks like a quality team.

Offensively the only projected starter that won’t be on the roster for the 2021 season is Bolles and even then if they pickup his 5th year option he will be.  That is HUGE for a young QB.  It’s an offense Lock can grow with.  It’ll take the rookies some time, but the future of this offense is ridiculously bright.

• Like 1

Side notes from the UDFA crowd:

-Trey Adams medicals and loss of explosion killed him.  Consensus top 10 pick heading into his first draftable year in 2018 - then back & ACL - man.   Feel bad for the dude.

-10 years ago, Joe Bachie would have been a Rd3-4 pick.   Now...UDFA.  

-Thaddeus Moss going through Jones fracture surgery probably led him to drop.  A nice inline UDFA project (maybe not with us lol)

-My favorite Tarik Cohen clone as a pure pass catcher from the RB class - JJ Taylor (really fits at 5'5 lol).

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Side notes from the UDFA crowd:

-Trey Adams medicals and loss of explosion killed him.  Consensus top 10 pick heading into his first draftable year in 2018 - then back & ACL - man.   Feel bad for the dude.

-10 years ago, Joe Bachie would have been a Rd3-4 pick.   Now...UDFA.  

-Thaddeus Moss going through Jones fracture surgery probably led him to drop.  A nice inline UDFA project (maybe not with us lol)

-My favorite Tarik Cohen clone as a pure pass catcher from the RB class - JJ Taylor (really fits at 5'5 lol).

Can't see Moss here after drafting A-Oh, but I'd take a flyer on the first two. 

So how is UDFA gonna work, texting to the agents who now get to decide ??

2 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

But 3x WRs? Hmmm

He's our 2020 Winfree pick

5 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

Love the potential of Muti, but he's only played five games in two years... Is the plan to sit him this year in hopes he can come in and start in 2021? Or is he healthy enough come camp to compete for a spot? 

Would not surprise me if he goes on IR early on just to stash him away to get healthy. 

• Like 3