2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Haha edited my post about work after you quoted and yeah it really is. 

I could still take the day off but I can also come in and slack and get paid so screw it

Yeah and it really does suck to take a vacation day at this point, because nothing is going on.  Have to save those hangover days for later when I actually went to the bar, and not sat on my couch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol that's the plan

I was going to take tomorrow off and then I find out oh everyone else is already doing that and they need me here so there's one competent person in. Yay. 

I'm the only sucker that's been in every day the last few weeks but with everything going on, I should not complain there.

Make that hangover your *****, brotha. 

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

I will give him a quick look. AOK.gif

Just keep in mind he was playing this season with a torn labrum in his hip so he had to change his pass sets from a kick slide to a backpedal, so it's going to look ugly if you watch tape from this season.  He didn't give up any sacks in the games he played this season even with the ugly pass set and playing through pain, and he didn't give up any sacks in his junior year either, which included a game against Ohio State where he went up against both Bosa and Young.  The guy is strong, smart, and athletic.  He had surgery to repair the labrum tear and shouldn't have any issues with it going forward.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

Just keep in mind he was playing this season with a torn labrum in his hip so he had to change his pass sets from a kick slide to a backpedal, so it's going to look ugly if you watch tape from this season.  He didn't give up any sacks in the games he played this season even with the ugly pass set and playing through pain, and he didn't give up any sacks in his junior year either, which included a game against Ohio State where he went up against both Bosa and Young.

Outside of the injury the only concerning thing I read was something about him coming from money and maybe not being in love with football.  Those kinds of things can be a little scary.  That's where the investigation into the kids makeup needs to be strong.  This is a tough year to get those questions answered.

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Outside of the injury the only concerning thing I read was something about him coming from money and maybe not being in love with football.  Those kinds of things can be a little scary.  That's where the investigation into the kids makeup needs to be strong.  This is a tough year to get those questions answered.

That's something I hadn't heard of.  Was it just speculation that he might not love football or was it something with his character/actions that tipped it off?

Unfortunately for us we don't get to see the interviews the teams have had with these guys.  Cancelling pro days really threw a wrench into everything as well.  Would have been really nice to see what Niang could have done in the drills.

I personally think Howard needs to knuckle down and turn a negative situation into a positive. He won't find a better system for him with a better quarterback throwing to him anywhere else. The opportunity is there for him to thrive should he want it.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I personally think Howard needs to knuckle down and turn a negative situation into a positive. He won't find a better system for him with a better quarterback throwing to him anywhere else. The opportunity is there for him to thrive should he want it.

The Arians system is the worst system in the NFL for TE, he could literally go anywhere and find a better one. 

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The Arians system is the worst system in the NFL for TE, he could literally go anywhere and find a better one. 

I think Arians will move away from what he prefers and do everything he can to accomodate Brady.

Finally up and here. Kind of a far cry from my typical plans during the NFL Draft(THANKS Corona), but I'll be cooking up a pizza before the round starts and I'll be hunting for a Livestream on Youtube while hanging around here.

Seems like WR/TE is the common consensus for the #30 Pick according to experts, with some outliers going OT. Maybe LB(though Kirksey eases that need for now), maybe CB... and there's a Dark Horse chance that we take a QB.

Worst choice? Probably EDGE at #30(even if someone like Braun would be shifted inside and be used as a complementary cog).

I'm looking for a clear upgrade at DL though.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Do.  Not.  Pay.  Attention.  To.  Mel.  Kiper.

He has gotten 8 out of 160 picks correct over the past five years.  8.  Eight.  Eight out of one hundred and sixty.

2008 - Keith Rivers
2009 - Brian Orakpo
2010 - Taylor Mays
2011 - Christian Ballard
2012 - Whitney Mercilus
2013 - Zach Ertz
2014 - Calvin Pryor
2015 - Erik Kendricks
2016 - Kamalei Correa
2017 - Forrest Lamp
2018 - Calvin Ridley
2019 - Chris Lindstrom and Noah Fant

For a team that has not drafted an ILB, IOL, WR or TE in the first round since AJ Hawk, Kiper has predicted the Packers would take a non-premium position 8 out of 13 times. 

Out of 13 chances and the Packers picking as high as 9th, 12th and 14th overall, Kiper has not been right about the Packers pick once.  If  you want a good indication of who the Packers WON'T draft, it's anyone Kiper predicted them to draft. 

I wasnt paying attention to him.