2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

I don’t know why but this makes me happy.  I don’t want this guy and I can’t believe we moved up to get him.  But still, this is really awesome.  I feel ... like my feet are lifting off the ground.   My head ... it’s in the clouds! No it’s just a bad pillow.  But still .. I feel effervescent.  Doesn’t anyone else feel effervescent?  I’m going dowstairs for some cold pizza and some Alberta rye.  Who’s with me.  WHO’S WiTH ME!

• Like 1

Just now, StinkySauce said:

I don’t know why but this makes me happy.  I don’t want this guy and I can’t believe we moved up to get him.  But still, this is really awesome.  I feel ... like my feet are lifting off the ground.   My head ... it’s in the clouds! No it’s just a bad pillow.  But still .. I feel effervescent.  Doesn’t anyone else feel effervescent?  I’m going dowstairs for some cold pizza and some Alberta rye.  Who’s with me.  WHO’S WiTH ME!

Channeling Clark Griswold?

Lily Zhao - Matt LaFleur on adding a young QB if he can: "If there is somebody there, I think you've got to take a chance at it... You can never have enough great quarterbacks. There's not enough of them out there."

Just now, packerbacker87 said:

No single pick at 30 guarantees us a Super Bowl. Still have 5 or 6 picks to add great value 

While that is true,  this pick definitely doesn't make us a better team in the next couple years.   

You lose all the value of a rookie QB contract if he sits on the bench for most of it.   If they don't already have a huge trade lined up to deal Rodgers this pick is a waste.    If you are investing in a QB who needs years of development, you don't spend the first round pick on him in this era of football.

The only way this is a smart pick is if we get news of a blockbuster trade where we get market + value for Rodgers in the next few days.  If we don't have a trade lined up this is the dumbest use of a 1st round pick since the trade for Hadl.