2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and drink some water. The draft isn't over. I'm shocked too, but I still look at how Gute went into last season fixing areas. I think you can address the future and the current time together. This isn't black and white right now... Maybe it will be? I don't know, and neither do a lot of you. For history's sake, maybe take a minute and read up, and watch Love and welcome him to the Packers. It is what it is, and we will learn a lot more over the next two days... Go Pack Go!!

6 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and drink some water. The draft isn't over. I'm shocked too, but I still look at how Gute went into last season fixing areas. I think you can address the future and the current time together. This isn't black and white right now... Maybe it will be? I don't know, and neither do a lot of you. For history's sake, maybe take a minute and read up, and watch Love and welcome him to the Packers. It is what it is, and we will learn a lot more over the next two days... Go Pack Go!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FAH1223 said:

Sounds like the hyperbole of the media when there is still 2 days of the draft to go.... bravo. I am not guaranteeing Love is going to be great. I'm just saying it also isn't a reason to burn down the village. 

12 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Agreed ... the Packers are probably going to wind up with a guy like Laviska Shenault in round two.  The talent from late round one to late round two probably isn't that different anyway.  They will get Rodgers some weaponry tomorrow.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

21 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

1) management doesn’t believe Rodgers can get us to a super bowl 

2) kid throws a ton of interceptions — that will plague him in the nfl

3) best case scenario is Rodgers plays great for the next 4 years and we trade Love for a high draft pick

4) most disappointing draft pick I could imagine 

He threw a ton of interceptions in 2019 after losing EVERY offensive starter except his LT and had a turnover of his ENTIRE coaching staff.   In 2018 he had 32 TD's and 6 INT's and a QB rating of 158.3.   I think I heard as many as 10 of the INTs were tipped balls or balls that hit the WR and bounced off their hands.   If he had any continuity between 2018-2019 I don't think there is as much vitriol on the boards.      I preferred other players, for sure. but I get it with Love.   Maybe it's because I deal so much in the stock market- I don't require that immediate return to feel good or that I just picked a winner.   Trust the process

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

He threw a ton of interceptions in 2019 after losing EVERY offensive starter except his LT and had a turnover of his ENTIRE coaching staff.   In 2018 he had 32 TD's and 6 INT's and a QB rating of 158.3.   I think I heard as many as 10 of the INTs were tipped balls or balls that hit the WR and bounced off their hands.   If he had any continuity between 2018-2019 I don't think there is as much vitriol on the boards.      I preferred other players, for sure. but I get it with Love.   Maybe it's because I deal so much in the stock market- I don't require that immediate return to feel good or that I just picked a winner.   Trust the process

I hope you’re right 

• Like 1

Well I recall when they took AR in the draft.   I thought - trade value.   Of course they didn’t trade up for him then.    I also recall how the former QB was a gun slinger and had side stepped several coaches.    Maybe this is a wake up call for AR.   Stop rolling eyes, stop blaming everyone else.   Be a leader.   Spend some time in the GBP Hall of Fame.    And focus on the ring instead of other’s faults.    Clap it off like Favre and move on - and unlike Favre, GET ANOTHER THE RING!

• Like 1