2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

Only thing that makes sense is the front office knows Rodgers isn't playing another 3 years.

The guy that Rodgers was this year is a toxic asset in 2022. You can't pay him 40 million dollars. He's got to be out in 3 unless he significantly turns his game around.

13 minutes ago, Slinky said:

The fact that GB has never taken a skilled position in the 1st round since Rodgers has bee here is the most despicable thing ever. 

Well they do have a good track record in the 2nd round at getting some talented WRs, so lets see if they still get one there.

10 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

I hope you’re right 

LOL - me too.   When I go to the doctors office I trust the experts to advise me.  Same with my CPA.  I go in with questions, but I rely on their expertise.   I trust Gute to know more about his interactions with Rodgers than I do and I trust the front office to understand the cap dynamics of trading/retaining Rodgers more than I do.    How many plays is anyone comfortable that MLF called and Rodgers ran accordingly vs changing?  Anyone comfortable saying Rodgers graded well in MLF's system?    Anyone know information like that definitively?  I just don't know it - I trust the FO does.  I have seen some of the All-22's and seen MVS and Adams and Graham running free and Rodgers never seeing them.  Is that an issue ? IDK.  Gute and MLF do.

Edited by Kampfgeist

15 minutes ago, Slinky said:

The fact that GB has never taken a skilled position in the 1st round since Rodgers has bee here is the most despicable thing ever. 

I mean, Detroit is killing it with the 3 WRs taken in the top 10.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Grasping for good stuff here. Maybe we play Love like New Orleans plays Taysom Hill.

Not unless he's been making 40 yard dashes in the 4.6 range at a minimum, faster preferred.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Love didn't look thrilled ha.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

He has to know he won't be playing right away.

If he has some self-awareness he’ll understand he just landed in a very good situation with high expectations and time to grow. 

Except for the part where all the fans hate his guts 

Just now, Slinky said:

Which is is? "1st rd WRs are busts" or "we can get a good WR in the 4th round"?

Our 4th round picks in recent years have been J'Mon Moore, Vince Biegel, Jamaal Williams, Blake Martinez, Dean Lowry, and Jake Ryan.  There's a couple of solid starters and some okay depth there.  That's nothing special.  The value of the first pick in the fourth round is worth 80 points.  You can move down if you feel that pick is so necessary.

9 minutes ago, Slinky said:

THIS IS NOT DETROIT, MAN, THIS IS GREEN BAY!!!!!

-Paul Allen

You're the one who is complaining that we haven't drafted a skill position in the first round since Javon Walker despite the fact that we've had better success drafting and developing WRs using less resources.