2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

I do think there is some feeling among Packers fans that it is just easy to find a franchise QB.  We moved from Favre to Rodgers and had stability for 20+ yrs.    99% of franchises will agree it's pretty damn hard to find a true franchise QB.  Perhaps Love is that guy?

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -   Who exactly did Green Bay feel they needed to leap frog to get Jordan Love? MIA, TEN, BAL, SEA?

Bertie Boatsma - One year, people will realize all 32 teams can trade into any pick, at any time. So teams leap 30 other uninvolved teams with every trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

What are the specific traits shared between Love and Mahommes that's precipitated the comparison?  Is it just the arm, or are there other similar skills?

it's weird, because I know nothing of Love - but my mind went to that comparison watching his ESPN highlights after the pick before I ever heard their names mentioned together...

1) management doesn’t believe Rodgers can get us to a super bowl 

2) kid throws a ton of interceptions — that will plague him in the nfl

3) best case scenario is Rodgers plays great for the next 4 years and we trade Love for a high draft pick

4) most disappointing draft pick I could imagine 

Just now, incognito_man said:

it's weird, because I know nothing of Love - but my mind went to that comparison watching his ESPN highlights after the pick before I ever heard their names mentioned together...

Like you, I know very little about him also.  Willing to dig in and learn more, now that he's carrying the G.