Week 3 Thieves

atmer

31 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Because he caught it before that and had it secured when he was touched down before the goaline with his knee down.   Plus he for every single player to get up off the ground and unpile off each other get lined up perfectly and try to do a snap it's gonna take more than 8 seconds.  Theirs no way the falcons are gonna jump right up off a player and not make them work to get up just a little for 2 or 3 seconds to let them get back to the line and setup.  Fat people just don't move that quickly i should know i was a o-lineman xD  

The reason the 10 second thing is actually a benefit to the offense more than the defense believe it or not.  Usually it gives them a chance to make another player with the clock stopped.  It just so happens this time because they was under 10 seconds it worked in the defenses favor which is a rare occasion honestly. 

Here i have all the yellow marks lined up correctly to show him having the ball being touched and knee down before the endzone.

down.jpg

That's funny. The rule book says that catching and securing the ball isn't enough when going to the ground. Everyone remember the Calvin Johnson catch several years ago that cost the Lions a game as time expired? He caught it and secured it so much that he held it out with one hand for everyone to see, and as he went to the ground the ball came out as he stood back up. They called it an incomplete pass. Here's a refresher if you don't remember the play. Now if Tate had lost possession of the ball as he hit the ground. It would have been ruled incomplete. How can a player be down (and the play over) if the outcome of the pass being complete or not is in doubt? 

The ball is pretty much where it would need to be spotted and the players have less than 10 yards to go to get lined up. Anyone who says there's no way the offense could line up in that amount of time is lying. You might have been a fat o lineman but I doubt you were an NFL caliber athlete. They can move 40 yards in under 6 seconds. They can surely move 10 yards at most in under the same amount of time.

This isn't a thieves of usually thread. It's a week 3 thieves thread. You can't argue that the 10 second run off helped Detroit and you acknowledged that it didn't. So as I said, IF the refs got the call right in the end, they still stole a chance at a game winning play away from the Lions.

Your yellow marks in the picture show that Tate was going to the ground, and therefore hadn't completed the process of the catch. The process wasn't complete until the ball had crossed the goal line.

There is zero doubt that the refs had a negative role in the outcome of the play.

2 hours ago, Crickett said:

This is what happens when your only wide receiver of note is Kenny Britt. 

Britt has arguably been the worst receiver for the Browns this season. They were a bad unit even with Coleman, so without him they are truly awful. They are easily the reason we lost today.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Britt has arguably been the worst receiver for the Browns this season. They were a bad unit even with Coleman, so without him they are truly awful. They are easily the reason we lost today.

The Bears will take, they need at least one WR on the roster.

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Because he caught it before that and had it secured when he was touched down before the goaline with his knee down.   Plus he for every single player to get up off the ground and unpile off each other get lined up perfectly and try to do a snap it's gonna take more than 8 seconds.  Theirs no way the falcons are gonna jump right up off a player and not make them work to get up just a little for 2 or 3 seconds to let them get back to the line and setup.  Fat people just don't move that quickly i should know i was a o-lineman xD  

The reason the 10 second thing is actually a benefit to the offense more than the defense believe it or not.  Usually it gives them a chance to make another player with the clock stopped.  It just so happens this time because they was under 10 seconds it worked in the defenses favor which is a rare occasion honestly. 

Here i have all the yellow marks lined up correctly to show him having the ball being touched and knee down before the endzone.

down.jpg

It's odd to me that Tate did not stretch the ball over the line.  Even in the picture you provide, he still has the ball tightly snug on his chest.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This thread pretty much belongs to the entire Baltimore Ravens team and coaching staff. Losing to the Jaguars, getting stomped by Blake Bortles in that way is just on a whole different level.

Isn't it Titans' tradition to lose one game a year to the Jaguars? xD

Just now, jrry32 said:

Isn't it Titans' tradition to lose one game a year to the Jaguars? xD

Yes, but usually not in such an impressively terrible way. We always split, but I can't remember the last time our starting quarterback threw for under 30 yards and two picks in the embarrassing loss.

But yeah, we can already pencil the Titans in for the Week 17 version of this thread.

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yes, but usually not in such an impressively terrible way. We always split, but I can't remember the last time our starting quarterback threw for under 30 yards and two picks in the embarrassing loss.

But yeah, we can already pencil the Titans in for the Week 17 version of this thread.

Hopefully this time it's because we've locked in our playoff spot and resting starters, and not for the usual reason of us just sucking.

Archived