Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Schefter reiterating Tua's been medically cleared at the combine but the possibility of re-injury unknown.

*Insert the classic FF line of he's over rated because he can get hurt again.*

Lmao, good ol FF. If it’s not the injury reason, it’s “his cast was too good!”. 

If Tua is there at 12, no brainer. He won’t be though. #3 to Miami w/ trade, #5 to Miami, or #6 to LAC. Probably #3. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If he brings it up in-context, sure. Not follow you around, thread to thread, and post the same quote 6 times in 2 days that isn’t relevant to 5 out of 6 of those posts. That’s trolling 100%. 

But, I don’t wanna derail the thread. 

NCOUGH, what’s your BB lookin like?

Don’t really have a bb I have rankings for wrs and cbs 

like in my mock I wanna trade 12 to sea so bad for 27 and their 2 second rounders 

wr 

1) lamb

2) Jefferson 

3) Jeudy 

4) mims

5) claypool 

cb

1) aj

2) cj

3) okudah

4) Fulton 

5) Reggie Robinson lol

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Don’t really have a bb I have rankings for wrs and cbs 

like in my mock I wanna trade 12 to sea so bad for 27 and their 2 second rounders 

wr 

1) lamb

2) Jefferson 

3) Jeudy 

4) mims

5) claypool 

cb

1) aj

2) cj

3) okudah

4) Fulton 

5) Reggie Robinson lol

I like the out of box CB Rankings. Not a Henderson fan but I like that you state your real opinion. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Tua is there at 12, no brainer. He won’t be though. #3 to Miami w/ trade, #5 to Miami, or #6 to LAC. Probably #3. 

I'm the biggest Carr supporter here but I would do it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I like the out of box CB Rankings. Not a Henderson fan but I like that you state your real opinion. 

I’ve never been a sheep for better or worse lol

forgot about Higgins I’d replace him with claypool 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm the biggest Carr supporter here but I would do it

Not what I expected when I saw you quoted me.

But yes, Tua is a #1 pick in 90% of drafts if healthy. He’s a true Franchise QB Prospect. This one he has Burrow and he had medicals flags. 

If he’s cleared, 12 is tremendous value. 

Although, once again, we all know he’s very unlikely to be there at 12. And I’m definitely against drafting Herbert/Love at 12. I’d be “ok” with Love at 19, but I wouldn’t even endorse that either. I’m much more reasonable than people think regarding QBs.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They need to give Ferrell at a bare minimum one more season on the EDGE. We invested the #4 pick into him. It’d be really hard to swallow if we drafted a bust at #4 though. 

I actually think Ferrell breaks out this year, like 7 sacks and a great run defender. 

We’ll just have to see. 

Honestly if he gets 7-8.5 and Crosby is 9-11 sack guy that's great from ends. 

It really comes down to pressure though. Sacks will come, but pressure is what makes qb nervous and creates turnovers. Tired of watching QB stand there for 4 secs

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have him #3 to Jags or #7 to Cowboys

I think Miami scouted Herbert and liked him last year passed on Haskins as a result and legitimately like him. I think Tua injury concerns are enough out for them to do what they want. You talk about media love and that's been tank for tua since the fire sale. I think the Chargers may actually like Tyrod and either get Love to develop behind him or take Andrew Thomas to not kill him, then get Jalen Hurts in the 2nd or 3rd.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Yes. I’m usually not a WR in Top 15 Picks type of guy, but go look at every draft class so this doesn’t sound like hyperbole. Jeudy is my Top WR since AJ and Julio in 2011. I think he’s a better prospect than Cooper, Watkins, Evans, and Odell. Before that sinks in, Odell was like a fringe Top 25 Prospect. 

He’s my #9 player overall and a true Blue Chipper. 

Yikes